News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Fun FB religion discussion

Started by Verbal Mike, September 17, 2012, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

So I posted a pic that sparked a nice debate about religion on FB.

(My last name, and the last names and pics of all non-pseudonyms are redacted. Which was a total pain in the ass to do.)

First time I ever openly argued from a Discordian perspective on FB, methinks (and only in my last comment.)  :fap:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cool.  But I'm leaving FB alone except for trolling libertarians.  This fucking place is DEAD, and all of our old users are still around, at facebook...Where they can avoid thinking because the character limit encourages twitter-esque posting.

It's not that they don't have TIME, you see.  It's that they choose to spend their time mindlessly hitting a "like" button like monkeys in a cage hitting the food pellet bar.

They have fallen by the wayside, to quote some 2000 year old hippy.

In any case, I finally found and got admitted to the subgenius google board, and I'm going to be spending my online time either there or here (there is about 20 minutes/day, tops).

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Verbal Mike

Meh. I use FB because it's currently the only practical way to keep nominally in touch with family and friends across three continents. For a while it replaced what I used to get from forums, i.e. discussions, but now I avoid most FB discussions because it's difficult for me to control when I read and respond to them (notifications can be other things too, so I check notifications, but then if I don't read and reply right away I'll lose track of the discussion, which is somehow bad. This is how my mind works.)
But this one was and is fun (it's still ongoing but too much of a pain in the ass to keep bringing over in screenshots) so I'm sticking to it for now...
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.