News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 01:56:25 AM
Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 01:42:21 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 10, 2014, 01:17:20 AM
Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 01:10:16 AM
Oy, in completely unrelated news, my friend and I just caught a well known "academic" of Roman hair stealing her work on jewelry. She made a video of a tutorial and posted it on Youtube without crediting Konstantia. I called her out on it, and had my post completely deleted. Konstantia took a passive approach, and posted links to her own tutorial, and they were never approved to be shown. Now we have screenshots.

Ruining somebody's career in 3...2...1...

Sounds like she ruined it herself.

She's playing nice for now. She's sending her a message about it. If it can't  be cleared up this way, then it's going to the next level.

I'm stunned she's willing to risk gaining a reputation as a plagiarist rather than simply editing a credit into the video. What a dumbass.

That's the thing. We talked to a lawyer-friend last night, and he said it's still too "coincidental" without absolute proof, because she's stealing a process, and not an actual design, per se. However, in one point in the video, she says, nearly verbatim, what my friend's blog says about 18g wire. So either that's one hell of a fucking coincidence, or she's an intellectual thief.

We've also started putting stuff out on Facebook in hopes that it goes viral.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 10, 2014, 03:49:11 AM
Currently all inside my head about various shitty thoughts that keep swirling around in my head. Almost posted them here, but they seemed too depressing. :(
hug
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

So, If I'm reading the last few pages correctly there's a substantial market for a "Slap some fucking sense into you" business.

It's a growth area and I'm looking to hire 5 or 6 Attitude Correction operatives by the end of the year. A firm backhand is a must.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 10, 2014, 12:11:58 PM
So, If I'm reading the last few pages correctly there's a substantial market for a "Slap some fucking sense into you" business.

It's a growth area and I'm looking to hire 5 or 6 Attitude Correction operatives by the end of the year. A firm backhand is a must.

Is this a salaried or contract position? I'm looking for part time work.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 11:47:32 AM
Oy, in completely unrelated news, my friend and I just caught a well known "academic" of Roman hair stealing her work on jewelry. She made a video of a tutorial and posted it on Youtube without crediting Konstantia. I called her out on it, and had my post completely deleted. Konstantia took a passive approach, and posted links to her own tutorial, and they were never approved to be shown. Now we have screenshots.

She's playing nice for now. She's sending her a message about it. If it can't  be cleared up this way, then it's going to the next level.

I'm stunned she's willing to risk gaining a reputation as a plagiarist rather than simply editing a credit into the video. What a dumbass.

That's the thing. We talked to a lawyer-friend last night, and he said it's still too "coincidental" without absolute proof, because she's stealing a process, and not an actual design, per se. However, in one point in the video, she says, nearly verbatim, what my friend's blog says about 18g wire. So either that's one hell of a fucking coincidence, or she's an intellectual thief.

Even if legally there isn't a leg to stand on, I'd still recommend the viral route.  A blog or tumblr for easy linking purposes wouldn't go amiss either.

Suu

Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2014, 12:28:01 PM

Even if legally there isn't a leg to stand on, I'd still recommend the viral route.  A blog or tumblr for easy linking purposes wouldn't go amiss either.

That's the issue we're running into right now. Apparently a process cannot be copyrighted per Youtube's terms. But saying things verbatim from a blog post, and then not crediting said post, and blocking comments from those linking it, that's all shady business.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have some experience with this, and my advice is to leave it. Because things can get much, much uglier than you may be anticipating. And if they don't get that ugly, it's still just a petty slapfight that will drag everyone involved down.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 01:54:24 PM

I have some experience with this, and my advice is to leave it. Because things can get much, much uglier than you may be anticipating. And if they don't get that ugly, it's still just a petty slapfight that will drag everyone involved down.

I now feel compelled to encourage all of the above. Anything less just isn't being serious about a having a good time at all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

I fucking knew this shit was too good to last.

Taking a break.  Back whenever.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Sucks to hear about yer daughter.  Reminds me of me, in a way.  I thought I knew what I was doing, ignoring advice, until Real Life happened.  Like a curbstomp.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 02:19:56 PM
Sucks to hear about yer daughter.  Reminds me of me, in a way.  I thought I knew what I was doing, ignoring advice, until Real Life happened.  Like a curbstomp.

There's a growing school of thought that claims you're not really an adult until you've successfully dealt with 6 months worth of bills with no fuckups.

It's amazing how many people I know 30/40/50+ that can't achieve this.

LMNO

The day I paid off my credit card debt was liberating.

The day I realized I simply wasn't worried about if my bills could get paid, blew my mind.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 02:19:56 PM

I'm over it.  I was the same way...My father was a stupid old man that didn't know anything about anything, and I knew it all.  And I was more of a shit about it than Keelin has been.

Just took me a while to figure that out. 

Still, the immediate issue has to be resolved.  The idea of letting her walk out and fall on her face was interesting, but then it occurred to me that providing her with health insurance when she returned to the household would be difficult and very expensive.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Good luck.  I haven't dealt with it myself, but I hear kids are a minefield.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 04:01:55 PM
Good luck.  I haven't dealt with it myself, but I hear kids are a minefield.

Well, until now, both of my kids were easy to manage.

My daughter is too much like me, though.  This was bound to happen.
Molon Lube