News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

The Golden Dawn are taking over Athens

Started by Cain, October 01, 2012, 03:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

I can hear Pastor Niemöller revolving in his grave. I think he's screaming
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

And should the fascists win big in Greece, that will only be the start of our problems.

GrannySmith

what a nightmare in so many levels.... :aaa:
  X  

Junkenstein

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/golden-dawn-camp-photos

QuoteThe Golden Dawn are a steel truncheon crunching the bones of the European Project. In the lifetimes of the generation who fought the Second World War, mainstream Nazis have returned to the continent. To openly read the anti-Semite blood libels The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in the Greek Parliament. To suppress entire towns beneath their thumb as vigilante social "cleansers". To increasingly hold the balance of power in an increasingly unbalanced state. And, to party.

That's right, just because you spend your spare time whipping Egyptian taxi drivers with a bike chain doesn't mean you don't need to blow off a little steam every now and then. Which is how, every year, the Golden Dawn hardcore end up in Crete, having a racially-pure away-day, where they pretend to be Spartans. Spartans in Crete: a bit weird, but historical anachronism is not something they can spell, much less avoid. The basic idea is simply to have a bonding sesh, get all Judd Apatow and express their man-feelings with one another.

Just because you're a horrible fascist does not mean you're not allowed a holiday at the beach.

Monitoring the size of these gatherings year-on-year would probably allow a fairly accurate picture of how fucked Greece has become. If the economic situation stays the same I'd guess next years to be considerably larger.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

QuoteJust because you're a horrible fascist does not mean you're not allowed a holiday at the beach.

Maybe, but if your inclinations do run that way, I would suggest Brighton is perhaps not the destination for you.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Carlos Danger on August 16, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
QuoteJust because you're a horrible fascist does not mean you're not allowed a holiday at the beach.

Maybe, but if your inclinations do run that way, I would suggest Brighton is perhaps not the destination for you.

Given my experience of Brighton, I'd advise you to avoid it regardless of your ideology.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pixie on June 26, 2013, 02:23:00 PMhttp://www.2ndcouncilhouse.co.uk/blog/2013/05/04/whats-going-on-in-the-internment-camps-of-greece/

Trying not to invoke Godwin's Law here.

but it fucking fits.

Holy shit ... I only just caught up with this thread.

And Godwin's Law doesn't apply when it's actual nazis, or neo-nazis, putting people in camps like that. And this is going on right now ... I am stunned.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

GrannySmith

:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: motherfuckingdevolutedshitbrainedsonsofbitches  :argh!: :argh!:
I'm still struggling with my rage attacks whenever i hear/read about these embarassments.
I'm not even sure if laughing at them helps any more. I assumed that they were a distraction put up by pasok and new democracy to distract the idiotic masses from what shit they're ACTUALLY doing. In the meantime I'm realising that as usual it's way more complicated than that, but the shooting pain i get in my brain when i think about them hasn't let me research it enough. I still have no idea where exactly they got so much money from**, or even who's organising them (i cannot believe that they can think far enough to get organised by themselves). In any way, nowadays they are COMPLETELY out of control, this is becoming worse as we speak and the police has totally taken their side (suprise suprise):
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/28/greek-police-send-crime-victims-to-neo-nazi-protectors/
:eek:
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :aaa: :aaa: :aaa:

Quote from: Cain on June 02, 2013, 03:46:06 PM
What we know of the Golden Dawn, their financial backing comes from fascist movements abroad in Europe and Russia, and likely their founder, Nikos Michaloliakos, gained financially from the rule of the Colonels - who typically used state loans to enrich key supporters.

According to one source:

QuoteBoth he and his colleague from Kathimerini newspaper Thassos Teloglou put forward the funding of Golden Dawn. The investigative journalist said that he has collected from different sources data on the funding of the xenophobes. "Golden Dawn was financially supported by parties that belong to the so-called constitutional arc. They helped it in previous election races by printing their election materials in order to break the rise of LAOS party. But in 2012, these funds were not sufficient. I have data showing that before the elections in May last year, they received cash from shipping tycoons, developers, lawyers and may be a bank," he said.

Wherever it is coming from, the sums of money are not insignificant, since the Golden Dawn claims to give up most of their state-backed pay for their representatives to engage in their "feed the ethnic Greeks" programs.  They've also been financially aiding troubled football clubs.

**Do you have anything more concrete on that Cain?
  X