News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 03, 2006, 04:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just finished with Mason & Dixon, and now I'm onto either Burr by Gore Vidal, or Nova Express by W. Burroughs.

Probably both.

Well, it'll take me a week or so to pick up Burr in earnest, but I'll be done with it shortly thereafter.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Placid Dingo

Finished 'The Scarlet Letter,' which is fairly readable and tightly paced as far as classics go.

Reading Old Testement and I'm sure that any time now there's going to be something more interesting than excessive details of what the church should look like. But, they just gave instructions of how to sacrifice doves, so we're getting to it.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

I only ever read Magic:The Gathering novels.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 15, 2011, 12:44:12 PM
I only ever read Magic:The Gathering novels.

You're a bad, bad man, and will come to an evil end.   :fap:

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Luna

Pope Pixie Pickle

Don Coyote

Disco Pickle

Finally finished Henry Kissinger's Does America Need a Foreign Policy?: Toward a Diplomacy for the 21st Century. and while I disagree with a lot of his conclusions, he definitely presents them clearly and thoroughly.

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Cain

Quote from: Disco Pickle on June 16, 2011, 05:18:49 PM
Finally finished Henry Kissinger's Does America Need a Foreign Policy?: Toward a Diplomacy for the 21st Century. and while I disagree with a lot of his conclusions, he definitely presents them clearly and thoroughly.

That tends to be Kissinger all over.  He's wrong, but he's wrong comprehensively and with clarity.

Reading Abdul Salam Zaeef's My Life With the Taliban.  Zaeef was the Taliban envoy to Pakistan, before he got thrown in a bunch of American black sites and was made to carry buckets of shit and piss for a decade.

Cramulus

Colbert interviewed Kissinger this week. Colbert's shtick was that he was a huge fan of Kissinger and loved everything he did. You could tell that Colbert was actually pretty humbled to talk to the guy though - he kept asking real interview questions, not joke questions.

Iason Ouabache

Finished "Religion Explained" by Pascal Boyer not too long ago. Good summary of religion from the anthropological point of view. Spent too long on inferences and native religions though. There were some gems in the latter half of the book.

Also read "Fight Club" in less than a week. Tyler's words were coming out of my mouth. It was a trip.

Currently flipping through too many book. (CURSE YOU, KINDLE!!!  :argh!:) About a quarter of the way through The Handmaid's Tale. Interesting but I can guess how it will end. Probably going to try and reread "Chaos: Making a New Science" by James Gleick since I only made it about halfway through the first time.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chairman Risus

I've been burning through the free book collection for kindle, but I'd particularly recommend The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare.

LMNO

Quote from: Risus on June 22, 2011, 08:34:39 AM
I've been burning through the free book collection for kindle, but I'd particularly recommend The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare.

It helps if you try to throw yourself fully into the story, and suspend your disbelief and genre savvy-ness.  Also, it helps to skim the last chapter or so.

Apropos of OP, finished Game of Thrones, moving on to Clash of Kings.