News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 03:27:01 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2015, 03:20:35 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 03:12:13 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 12, 2015, 11:47:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2015, 11:43:57 PM
The latest "thing" on tumblr is godkin.

BRB, just drowning my sorrows with a litre of vodka...

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :argh!:

No, that's fucking excellent. The world is not going to be a gentle place for these children.

This is why I don't try to argue with them.

There's really no reason to.

The way I tend to see it is that childhood, and its accompanying unrealistic/idealistic/fantasy phase, is currently extended in privileged societies to about the age of 25. The bad news is that the whole extended childhood thing is irritating and obnoxious. The good news is that apparently the prefrontal cortex continues to develop until they adopt their adult roles in life, so it's perfectly plausible that they may end up smarter and with better foresight than previous generations.

Either way, most of them, by 30, will be embarrassed about the way they thought and behaved at 20, much as most of us at 20 were embarrassed by our 15-year-old selves.

That's all correct, but I am in it more for watching life smack them in the face with a ton of dented feels.

:lulz:  Ahhh, the good Doktor. Always the pragmatist.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

No, that's fucking excellent. The world is not going to be a gentle place for these children.

The way I tend to see it is that childhood, and its accompanying unrealistic/idealistic/fantasy phase, is currently extended in privileged societies to about the age of 25. The bad news is that the whole extended childhood thing is irritating and obnoxious. The good news is that apparently the prefrontal cortex continues to develop until they adopt their adult roles in life, so it's perfectly plausible that they may end up smarter and with better foresight than previous generations.

Either way, most of them, by 30, will be embarrassed about the way they thought and behaved at 20, much as most of us at 20 were embarrassed by our 15-year-old selves.

That's easy for you to say. These people aren't your peers.  :argh!:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: President Television on January 13, 2015, 03:54:26 AM

:lulz: That's gotta suck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I found out tonight that Catholicism, in my family, dies with Dad. Neither of my sisters are Catholic anymore either, and I already knew that mom was an agnostic eclectic new agey type and stepdad more or less an atheist.

It was weird for the first half hour. I thought I was the only one on that.

Good riddance.

That feels weird to say, but, yeah. Good riddance.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

President Television

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2015, 04:02:39 AM

No shit, I dated a guy once who panicked and broke down into tears because he lost his phone and it had photos of food that he'd planned to upload on Instagram. No other reason. Just that.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: President Television on January 13, 2015, 05:56:41 AM

No shit, I dated a guy once who panicked and broke down into tears because he lost his phone and it had photos of food that he'd planned to upload on Instagram. No other reason. Just that.

Oh DEAR.  :lol:

axod

Just because some fantasies are childish, it does not mean that all ideals exist in a realm that is modally distinct from things simply perceived as imm[a]inent.
just this

axod

Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 12, 2015, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 12, 2015, 02:18:04 AM
Quote from: a somewhat wiser Joe. on January 11, 2015, 07:02:53 PM
I sometimes wonder if the future galactic archeologists that find earth will also wonder if we really knew what we were doing. Like in every galaxy there's always THAT species... and it happens to be us.

:lulz:

If you're in a poker game and you can't spot the sucker...

Clearly if you're from Earth that means it's time to go all in and risk as much of the future as possible on a low pocket pair.

Maybe that took the metaphor too far.. but it's what's up.

point taken, well done, ready or not, here we come. ::lulz::
just this

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 13, 2015, 03:51:09 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 13, 2015, 03:27:01 AM

That's all correct, but I am in it more for watching life smack them in the face with a ton of dented feels.

:lulz:  Ahhh, the good Doktor. Always the pragmatist.

I consider myself a connesieur (sp?  fuck) of stern damage.
Molon Lube

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Please tell me you slapped the shit out of this guy, you had a moral responsibility to.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on January 13, 2015, 07:08:41 PM
Re: Godkin

There's a joke in there about Godkin's law, but I'll be fucked if I can nail it down.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Wait for the hitlerkin, it'll come together.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

QueenThera

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on January 13, 2015, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 13, 2015, 07:35:48 PM
Wait for the hitlerkin, it'll come together.

Literally Hitler.
where's the joke?

There's already someone who claims to be headmates with Hitler, and an aborted fetus, if I recall correctly.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle