News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Seamstress Speak

Started by Suu, February 02, 2009, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

YAY!   FERD WILL BE ONE OF US!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

ferd will be a mockery of one of you  :cry:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu's machine has a built in buttholer?

i don't know how to use mine.

Suu

It's just a function I set, but it automatically goes on the edges in order as long as I switch it in the correct order. Not bad for a cheap ass household Singer.

Edge 1: Right side of buttonhole facing you, forward over the dogs.
Edge 2: Bottom of the buttonhole. Right to left on the dogs.
Edge 3: Left side, BACKWARDS on the dogs.
Edge 4: Top, left to right.  DONE!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

My buttholes always end up weird.  :|  I sucketh at those.  The thing I hate about the damned zipper foot is it gets in the way of me being able to see!  It's probably just my suckass machine.

Which I need to have serviced.  I got it for my 17th birthday, and let's see, that makes it 18 1/2 years old, and I've never once serviced it.  Bad Jenne is bad.

Suu

If the zipper foot is getting in the way of what you need to see, you're looking on the wrong side. LOL.  They should be smaller in comparison to an all-purpose foot, it's possible on your older machine that the one you have is either archaic, or just wrong.

Jenne

Archaic...it's older than some posters on this board, I think.  *blush*  But it's because it obscures the stitches. OR maybe I'm switching it to the wrong side.  It can go both ways, the way the feet switch out.

I dunno.  Been a while.  But I know I struggle to keep the zipper WITHIN the damned seam because of the fucking foot.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Jenne on February 07, 2009, 05:31:33 AM
Archaic...it's older than some posters on this board, I think.  *blush*  But it's because it obscures the stitches. OR maybe I'm switching it to the wrong side.  It can go both ways, the way the feet switch out.

I dunno.  Been a while.  But I know I struggle to keep the zipper WITHIN the damned seam because of the fucking foot.

18 and 1/2 makes it almost exactly as old as me.

Sir Squid Diddimus

i picked up that pendant with the antique scissors on it today.
it was cheap.
i had to.

i've been sewing again lately.
thanks to YOU guys.
(see how i made that sound like a bad thing there)

i made some chest suspenders.
i'll post pics later when i can.

Raphaella

Oh this is GREAT! Squid and Ferd!! I can't wait to see what you guys will be sewing. Post pics of those chest suspenders!! (please)
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Sir Squid Diddimus

Here's the chest suspenders.
Kinda dark, but you get the idea.

I look real amused too.

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Squid-diddle on February 09, 2009, 05:27:11 AM
Here's the chest suspenders.
Kinda dark, but you get the idea.

I look real amused too.

OMG FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

Yesssssssss!  :fap: Those will look nice with the goggles, I bet.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

so far i've only sewed new buttons on a jacket cause the old ones set off the alarms in stores  :lol:
i feel accomplished