News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Hey Faust! (And other knowledgeable spags)

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, April 18, 2016, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

What's the deal with the copyright/kopyleft on the things in the reading list on the main site? I'm specifically asking about the Letter to the Cabbages, as it has no author to harass directly, but it would be a good thing to know in general.

Faust

The original reading list was compiled by reverened Rev. Judas IMOK K.S.C and mirrored here. When I first went through it much of the content is/was originally posted here much explicitly listing copyleft but not always, that said the list has grown since then.

There are pieces in there that are unknown copyleft/copyright state but those were all posted on the forum, its probably brash of me to assume its ok to mirror them on another part of the site (and if anyone ever has any complaints about thiers I'll take it down right away).

Letter to the cabbages I think is ok:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13052.msg413869#msg413869

"yo
is this free use if the situation arrises?"

"yeah"

I'll note that google wasn't able to see that link, not entirely sure why.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

The ones I've always wondered about are the RAW books (Illuminatus etc).

Q. G. Pennyworth

Good to know! I've stolen from V3X before, I can bother him if needs be.

The On Activism link on the homepage also doesn't work because they closed the group. You can point it at one of the versions in the archives here and it'll be fine.

Faust

There we go, updated the link, its a shame the FB link went down because you're able to see the discussion along with it.

Is there anything you'd like me to add to the reading list, or update anything on the front page?

Q. G. Pennyworth

I know we talked about getting Minimum Viable Truth up there, did you want to just link to the post or would it be better if I spat out a pdf of it? Formatting's already done, wouldn't take any time at all.

Faust

What I was thinking with the minimum viable truth was cross posting it to the Verwirring blog as the wordpress format is easier to link to to new readers than the forum where there's a lot of other stuff going on.

What I have in mind is using the blog to promote activity and writing of the Discordian community which I've done on occasion but not nearly enough. I know its tacky but wordpress posts are easier to digest as its generally just the body of the message displayed to the user, its easier to share and reach a wider number of people.

Ideally what I'd like to do is have a few contributors to the blog, front page and the website in general as I really am just acting as a caretaker, monitoring the server, doing little beyond updates and backups, with very little time to do much beyond that.

However since we talked about that you've made a shit load of gorgeous spreads, which is cool because a lot of those pieces haven't been looked at in a while but with the propaganda format, its much easier to spread, would you be interested in putting them into the reading list or other?

Q. G. Pennyworth

They're all going in the giant documents at the end of the tunnel, which I would like to spread around everywhere if possible, but I'm also open to individual spreads running around on their own. Just make sure the CC-ND-NC runs around with them, and if you see anything that doesn't have an author on the page ask. A lot of those are mine and do as thou wilt, but some I may have missed attribution and that should be solved before they're set loose on the interbutts.

You have my express permission to republish whole or in part any of my posts that I haven't explicitly marked as non-kopyleft over to the blog.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Faust

Cheers Q.G sorry I haven't responded, on the road a lot this week and next week, what I can do is I'll make a list here first and see if they have the cc information and add those to the reading list, and cross post some of them to the blog after that if that sounds good.

Faust

Ay, ay, ay. I blink, and two months go by. There's a lot to be said for comfortable prisons, it's a pain in the ass that mine is demanding. I need to change my job before my head turns from merely mushy cabbage to mashed potatoes.

I love the layout of the Letter for the cabbages, it's gorgeous.

I have created a cross post of The Minimum Viable Truth to the blog, and if you are cool with it, I'd like to share it on Facebook and reddit.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/2016/06/08/the-doctrine-of-the-minimum-viable-truth-q-g-pennyworth/

On placing the other posters/Rants in the /readinglist, if you want me to leave those be I can as I can see some of them are listed for Holy Nonsense I'd rather just help promote that for you if you like.

In another thread you mentioned before possibly doing an index of the posters, rants and spreads, so I tried doing some of that, I have almost certainly made a hames of this with titles and it's already out of date because I did it before the pride stuff, but if its in any way useful it's here.

EDIT: also I really like the layout for The Doctrine of the Minimum Viable print version.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm happy too promote things as standalones, one of the big goals for Holy Nonsense was to make it really easy to take what you want and leave what you don't.

Any chance we could do this in a google spreadsheet or something similar? I feel like that would be a lot faster than trading files back and forth here.

Faust