News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Honest Book of Truth

Started by Churro the Viscous, April 07, 2008, 06:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Churro the Viscous

Can somebody tell me where to find it?
"Nothing is true. Everything is permissible." - Hasan bin Sabbah
"Non Serviam" - Satan

Daruko

have you tried amazon.   :| sorry, i'm lazy.

Doktor Loki

Quote from: Churro the Viscous on April 07, 2008, 06:11:13 AM
Can somebody tell me where to find it?

I dont think I've actually ever said this, but CONSULT YOUR PINEAL GLAND.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Dr. Paes

Until recently the honest book of truth was a blog at hxxp://grazingchaos.org
But it's gone now, so your going to have to fucking think for yourself.

Churro the Viscous

Quote from: daruko on April 07, 2008, 06:20:49 AM
have you tried amazon.   :| sorry, i'm lazy.
Oh, I should have specified:
I meant for free.
"Nothing is true. Everything is permissible." - Hasan bin Sabbah
"Non Serviam" - Satan

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not sure the Honest Book Of Truth has survived intact... I can't find any source for the complete text.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

pretty sure i have a friend who has a copy
just read the book of lies instead

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I'm with Nigel, I don't think HBT survived... according to the PD, it was accidentally thrown out and the garbage man would not give it back to Omar. This may be true, it may be metaphor (writer's block?), it may be a joke and the HBT may never have existed at all...

Or it might be out there somewhere and I may never have seen it... I don't know.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Daruko

Didn't you hear me say I have a friend who has a copy?  That means it DOES exist.
Don't you believe what I say?  Don't you immediately accept my words as dogma?
Well anyway, if you don't, then freck off buddy, cuz I'm here to CONVERT!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: daruko on April 07, 2008, 05:44:07 PM
Didn't you hear me say I have a friend who has a copy?  That means it DOES exist.

Just because he has a copy, doesn't necessarily mean that it exists... does it?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: daruko on April 07, 2008, 05:44:07 PM

"pretty sure I have a friend who has a copy" isn't exactly what I would call confidence-inspiring.

If your friend has a copy, borrow it, scan it, and upload it. Otherwise, GTFO.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

well i intend to ask him about it, anyway.

e

I always thought it was just something they made up when they felt like referencing something.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on April 07, 2008, 09:59:13 PM
I always thought it was just something they made up when they felt like referencing something.

YEah, either that or it may have been another PD like collection which just never saw the light of day... unless daruko comes up with something, I fear that everyone who KNEW THE HONEST TRUTH... is dead.

But then, I found "The Complete Discordian's Guide to Moosemas" last fall and I have yet to find any of the online Discordian gangs that have seen it previously. Only a few of the really old school freaks remember it (and one of them was the guy that gave it to me). I wonder how many other Discordian Works may be out there, lost in time and history.

e

Such are the downfalls of distributing things solely by photocopiers and word of mouth, alas.  I'm sure the folk at SJ Games/Loompalics can name some, they like the discord, quite.