News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This emoji was made on my behalf.  Does that answer your question?

:lmnuendo:

trix

Quote from: LMNO on July 27, 2016, 08:01:14 PM

It gives me more questions.

However, I'm not certain I really want the answers to those questions.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on July 27, 2016, 08:11:27 PM

It gives me more questions.

However, I'm not certain I really want the answers to those questions.

You do.  You totally do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Link him to the Potter slashfic

The Good Reverend Roger

So Microsoft made "Tay", a learning program, and had it take part in social media.  It immediately turned into a white supremacist, so they shut it down and pretended it never happened.

But what if you took 3 copies of Tay.  Put one on Tumblr, one on the same social media that poisoned the last one, and had one take part in city hall discussions in any given city?  Which of the first two programs would the third most closely resemble?

Also, we should put one on a mommy-shaming page, just because I hate AIs.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on July 27, 2016, 07:56:50 PM
Less like wires and more like a gushy mess of grossness squirting different proportions of gooey stuff at different areas.

The "wired" analogy just covers up how gross we are.  Admit your grossness!

Being a living organism is pretty gross, no matter how you look at it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

it's incredible how versatile the human digestive system can be.
just this

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 27, 2016, 08:51:56 PM
So Microsoft made "Tay", a learning program, and had it take part in social media.  It immediately turned into a white supremacist, so they shut it down and pretended it never happened.

But what if you took 3 copies of Tay.  Put one on Tumblr, one on the same social media that poisoned the last one, and had one take part in city hall discussions in any given city?  Which of the first two programs would the third most closely resemble?

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://docs.botframework.com/en-us/

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 03:27:08 AM

So... they're just giving bots and botcode away?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 28, 2016, 04:09:42 AM

How many TGRRs?  SO MANY TGRRs.  :banana:

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

I have access to maybe half of the sites in my bookmarks.

Trump must be getting more campaign help.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 04:11:17 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 28, 2016, 04:09:42 AM

How many TGRRs?  SO MANY TGRRs.  :banana:

Ohmygod! You're going to be like Agent Smith.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 04:13:38 AM
Anyone here have working Facebook?

Mine seems ok.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl