News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

PD.com: The place I thought I could call home

Started by Phox, March 21, 2011, 02:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I do have to say I'm pretty pessimistic these days when it comes to what's going on in the country.  And this has put me in a bit of a funk.  Especially when you know the majority of the people in your country, your community, voted for this crap, and seem to be okay with it.  It seems very daunting to have any hope against this immense amount of insufferable ignorance and idiocy. 

I mean, I see day after day, that this new Governor here is dismantling the tiny bit of progress we've made the past decade or so.  I guess I'm about at the point where my attitude is, fuck it, I'm going to take care of my family and the rest of the world can sink and drown for all I care.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Things I consider worthwhile (this is a partial list):

Rants
WOMPs
Insights
Analysis
Perspective
FUNNAY
Music
Observations
News
Personal opinions
Suggestions
Essays
Fiction
Poems
THE NEW

Not necessarily in that order.  If anyone does anything like that, I consider that "content".  Using that definition, we have certainly been posting content, just not in the amounts we have been -- and for my part, it's become more of an effort.

Which, I've decided, means that I should be forcing myself to produce, so the creative gland doesn't get blocked.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 21, 2011, 03:12:49 PM

Rants
WOMPs
Insights
Analysis
Perspective
FUNNAY
Music
Observations
News
Personal opinions
Suggestions
Essays
Fiction
Poems
THE NEW

Not necessarily in that order.  If anyone does anything like that, I consider that "content".  Using that definition, we have certainly been posting content, just not in the amounts we have been -- and for my part, it's become more of an effort.

Which, I've decided, means that I should be forcing myself to produce, so the creative gland doesn't get blocked.

:lulz:  YAY I'm still usefull!   :lulz:

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 21, 2011, 03:09:53 PM
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I do have to say I'm pretty pessimistic these days when it comes to what's going on in the country.  And this has put me in a bit of a funk.  Especially when you know the majority of the people in your country, your community, voted for this crap, and seem to be okay with it.  It seems very daunting to have any hope against this immense amount of insufferable ignorance and idiocy. 

I mean, I see day after day, that this new Governor here is dismantling the tiny bit of progress we've made the past decade or so.  I guess I'm about at the point where my attitude is, fuck it, I'm going to take care of my family and the rest of the world can sink and drown for all I care.

Not picking on you personally, but this "we can't do anything about it" attitude is part of the problem.  It isn't that there is no solution, but that the solution is a long hard slog with uncertain odds that the turnaround will happen during the course of our lifetimes.

I don't think that's a reason to not try, but everyone has to make their own choice on that, you know?

Luna

I question your definition of "family."

Yes, the blood relations you love are family...  but is that it?

Just somewhere to start thinking...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

AFK

Quote from: Captain Utopia on March 21, 2011, 03:17:40 PM

Not picking on you personally, but this "we can't do anything about it" attitude is part of the problem.  It isn't that there is no solution, but that the solution is a long hard slog with uncertain odds that the turnaround will happen during the course of our lifetimes.

I don't think that's a reason to not try, but everyone has to make their own choice on that, you know?

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying to mean I'm not going to do anything.  Interpret it as I'm being selfish and focusing most of my energy on my immediate sphere of influence out of a selfish desire to protect my family and to keep it healthy and happy.  I just don't see what can be done on the broader scale.  Not in the current climate. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Captain Utopia

I understand - and I'd be a hypocrite if I suggested that my energy wasn't directed in a similar fashion as yours.

First step towards finding a broader scale solution?  Believing that one exists, ready to be discovered/uncovered/realized.  If you don't have that you're just left with cynicism and apathy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Please tell me we aren't STILL bitching because the internet isn't entertaining us enough.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Richter

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 21, 2011, 03:12:49 PM

Rants
WOMPs
Insights
AnalPerspective
FUNNAY
Music
Observations
News
Personal opinions
Suggestions
Essays
Fiction
Poems
THE NEW

I'm here to help.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on March 21, 2011, 04:06:35 PM
Please tell me we aren't STILL bitching because the internet isn't entertaining us enough.

We wanted to welcome you back with familiarity.

Jenne

...some things, Nigel, they just don't CHANGE!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Actually, I'm bitching because WE aren't entertaining us enough.

The rest of the internet can kiss my spotty and pox-ridden arse.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

The post count for this month is at a three year low. I think the main problem is that there were 24 people logged in earlier and no posts for 45 minutes.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 21, 2011, 05:08:11 PM
The post count for this month is at a three year low. I think the main problem is that there were 24 people logged in earlier and no posts for 45 minutes.

Everyone was waiting for everyone else to say something.

And then when someone did, everyone waited for someone else to respond.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.