News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

only tangentially related, but it's quite a coincidence; this guy goes up to Boston to run the marathon, crossing the finish line moments before the first bomb, then flies back to his home in TX where he was driving on I35 through West, where he was close enough to feel the blast of that explosion!

Suu

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 19, 2013, 02:32:22 PM
only tangentially related, but it's quite a coincidence; this guy goes up to Boston to run the marathon, crossing the finish line moments before the first bomb, then flies back to his home in TX where he was driving on I35 through West, where he was close enough to feel the blast of that explosion!

That guy is going to have some stories to tell his grandkids.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

He's on the fucking run. CT and RI have been notified to lookout for his car. They think he's headed to NYC.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Word of a third accomplice, who was stripped before being put in the cop car, due to fear of hidden bombs.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on April 19, 2013, 02:41:14 PM
He's on the fucking run. CT and RI have been notified to lookout for his car. They think he's headed to NYC.

Looks like he's holed up in Watertown.

They are looking for 2 other people now.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eve

Local news says state police/SWAT are quietly clearing out a section of Watertown.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 19, 2013, 02:32:22 PM

House prices near to where that guy lives must be dropping fast.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2013, 04:23:36 AM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 17, 2013, 04:21:14 AM

I'm still avoiding speculation, but I can't see any flaws.

I can.  I'm speculating.  I am also not an expert.  I have some counterinsurgency training, way the fuck back in the stone age, but that was in terms of infantry in suppression of, not political motivations for, terrorists.

But it's a good guess, I think, and I'm sort of sticking to it until facts either prove me right or cause me to publicly wallow in my shame.

*wallow, wallow*

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2013, 04:19:55 AM
No, I think it was a local.  Why?  Because the Boston Marathon is a regional thing.  Outside of Boston and the marathon/self-flaggelation crowd, it's unknown.  So it was someone from that region.  It occurred on tax day, so it was more than likely a right wing loon.  I can accept the possibility that it was a local self-radicalized Muslim or something like that, but that possibility seems pretty slim.  The choices of date & target don't add up.  The symbolism is all wrong.

Given the incompetence in the bomb making, I assume it was an amateur, another Eric Rudolph, maybe.

And Roger's gut leads him wrong.

Cain

It's still possible this isn't a Muslim thing.

I mean, the odds are definitely higher that it is.  But I'm waiting to see what we find out before jumping to any conclusions.  Even the very plausible theory offered by Enki about an FBI entrapment operation gone wrong.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2013, 02:55:19 PM
Even the very plausible theory offered by Enki about an FBI entrapment operation gone wrong.

I must have missed that, because Enki.  But it's a pretty interesting theory.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2013, 02:58:19 PM
Even the very plausible theory offered by Enki about an FBI entrapment operation gone wrong.

Enki? Plausible?  :eek:

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 19, 2013, 02:58:19 PM

It was on IRC, just now.  Essentially, the theory is the FBI radicalised these guys, but they got too enthusiastic and made the bombs themselves, instead of waiting for duds from their handler.

It's possible, it has happened before.  But we can't know for sure this early into the investigation.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 19, 2013, 02:49:44 PM
Quote from: Suu on April 19, 2013, 02:41:14 PM

Looks like he's holed up in Watertown.

They are looking for 2 other people now.

That's not what I just heard.

GO MEDIA! WOOOO!

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 19, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2013, 04:19:55 AM
No, I think it was a local.  Why?  Because the Boston Marathon is a regional thing.  Outside of Boston and the marathon/self-flaggelation crowd, it's unknown.  So it was someone from that region.  It occurred on tax day, so it was more than likely a right wing loon.  I can accept the possibility that it was a local self-radicalized Muslim or something like that, but that possibility seems pretty slim.  The choices of date & target don't add up.  The symbolism is all wrong.

Given the incompetence in the bomb making, I assume it was an amateur, another Eric Rudolph, maybe.

And Roger's gut leads him wrong.

Hey at least you didn't nearly get the wrong guy killed like reddit and 4chan did.
Sleepless nights at the chateau