News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Sacred Chao Tattoo

Started by NWC, April 19, 2008, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

what Payne said.

the pentagon forms the middle of a pentagram, for your tattoo it would be a down-pointing pentagram. the sacred chao should depict a pentagon that is neither the center of a pointing-up or pointing down pentagram, but one that sort of points sideways.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

NWC

Quote from: Payne on April 19, 2008, 10:54:40 AM
Uh, it's incorrectly done though!

Every statement is true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some....

anyway yeah, it's exactly as it should be to me, and I like how it looks on my leg, but I appreciate your semi-constructive negativism.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The pentagon is supposed to be tilted somewhat (so that one of the nearly vertical lines in the above pic ARE vertical), to symbolise that neither "left" or "right" hand paths are dominant, or some such. I'm no expert, but that is a fairly fundamental part of the symbol...

In order to know that, you'd have to determine which way is "up" for the tattoo, and with tattoos "up" can be fairly subjective...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: Certifnord on April 19, 2008, 02:20:38 PM

Every statement is true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some....

anyway yeah, it's exactly as it should be to me, and I like how it looks on my leg, but I appreciate your semi-constructive negativism.

Not negativism at all. I just feel that if you are going to ink a symbol on your body, you'd want it to be done correctly.

However, it's none of my business what you do to your body, so..... MEH!

Payne

Quote from: Nigel on April 19, 2008, 06:50:52 PM

The pentagon is supposed to be tilted somewhat (so that one of the nearly vertical lines in the above pic ARE vertical), to symbolise that neither "left" or "right" hand paths are dominant, or some such. I'm no expert, but that is a fairly fundamental part of the symbol...

In order to know that, you'd have to determine which way is "up" for the tattoo, and with tattoos "up" can be fairly subjective...

It just looks wrong in relation to the rest of the symbol.

As I'm not the one wearing the thing though, I could really care less beyond that.

I was only pointing out the apparent inconsistancy, not actually criticising him...

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenne on April 18, 2008, 08:18:16 PM
A better place to leave pr0n would be the legislators' offices.

:lulz:
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Akara

I must admit: I have fleetingly considered incorporating the Chao in to a tattoo, but I decided against the whole tattoo idea, mostly cause (A) no one cares if I have ink and (b) I'm not going to see it after I get it anyway.

I have, however, far more seriously considered making or acquiring some sort of discordia themed jewelry, but I've decided that rather than worry too much about something I'll never really wear and then lose, I should just continue yelling discordian themed things in public to identify myself as discordian.

Few people will recognize the symbols, but many can hear the words (I have a pretty loud voice if I want to.)
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Akara on April 20, 2008, 05:18:06 PMdiscordia themed jewelry

i think i mentioned this before, but i've been looking for ages for an ouroboros ring. that is, not a ring that has an ouroboros symbol on it or something (i've seen those), but one that actually just consists of a snake biting its own tail, around my finger, nothing more nothing less.

closest i got so far was a crocodile doing the same thing, but i didn't buy it because it was on my holiday in Turkey and the ring was crappy quality and i didn't really have the time to haggle/barter about it.

Akara

if I find a ring like this (I know I've seen them) I will either send you the URL, or, if it's locally and not too expensive, see if you might like one sent to you. we have a lot of original jewelry and silver jewelry places out here. I think it helps that a sizable portion of our population is Navajo, Hispanic, and Pueblo indian... either that or New Mexico just attracts hippy freaks that make lots of jewelry... lol

Triple Zero

that'd be really cool, thanks :)

Akara

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Akara on April 20, 2008, 05:18:06 PM
I must admit: I have fleetingly considered incorporating the Chao in to a tattoo, but I decided against the whole tattoo idea, mostly cause (A) no one cares if I have ink and (b) I'm not going to see it after I get it anyway.

I have, however, far more seriously considered making or acquiring some sort of discordia themed jewelry, but I've decided that rather than worry too much about something I'll never really wear and then lose, I should just continue yelling discordian themed things in public to identify myself as discordian.

Few people will recognize the symbols, but many can hear the words (I have a pretty loud voice if I want to.)

I got my tats where I can look at them, 'cause I'm selfish that way. :)

I also have a Hand of Eris pendant which I wear a lot.

Trip0: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sterling-Silver-Ouroboros-Snake-Ring_W0QQitemZ230245089408QQihZ013QQcategoryZ67728QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've been looking at this guy's rings for a while, they look nice.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

My tat (getting soon) will be somewhere visible.

My main issue with the OP tat is that, well, hair is gonna grow over it. And then it'll be like mostly gone. And that's silly.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on April 21, 2008, 02:58:18 AM

My main issue with the OP tat is that, well, hair is gonna grow over it. And then it'll be like mostly gone. And that's silly.

Listen you smooth-skinned twit, some of us hairy fucks have to make do with what we have, okay?!

Payne

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on April 21, 2008, 02:58:18 AM

Where that tat' is located, in about 50-60 years that are will be bald. Seriously.

Older men go bald around the shins and ankles.