News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Me as Eris

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 08, 2009, 04:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

I think this is the best representation of Eris I have seen yet.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

i wasn't sure how i felt about it when i first saw it but it's growing on me. Trust me when i say that the photograph was less... disturbing. B really infused it with that! i think he did a good job.

it'll probably go in my bedroom with Nixon due to the nipple. Or in my office when i move my office upstairs... i'm not sure i can sleep with me/Eris looking at me like that.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

It grows on you like the Mona Lisa!! This thing is clearly wonderful. Clearly. I almost forgot about the nipple, it's the expression that dose it. Btw your friend B is very talented.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He really is! You should see his other work: http://bijijoo.com/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

Those were great! I find the ham extremely amusing, whats the story behind that?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, one day when he first started painting, i asked him if he would paint me Richard Nixon with a ham. He was so taken with the idea that he embarked on a series of all the Presidents with hams, and then branched out into friends and celebrities.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Primrose on January 11, 2009, 05:48:00 PM
Well, one day when he first started painting, i asked him if he would paint me Richard Nixon with a ham. He was so taken with the idea that he embarked on a series of all the Presidents with hams, and then branched out into friends and celebrities.

Is there a link to these Presidential Hams?

I swear to GAWD that I will buy one some day (assuming they're for sale; I would totally understand being unwilling to give up something so glorious).

BADGE OF HONOR

I really dig Justin Timberlake with Ham.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Pariah

Quote from: Cainad on January 11, 2009, 06:21:25 PM
Quote from: Primrose on January 11, 2009, 05:48:00 PM

Is there a link to these Presidential Hams?

I swear to GAWD that I will buy one some day (assuming they're for sale; I would totally understand being unwilling to give up something so glorious).

Ditto
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Some of them are at this link: http://bijijoo.com/ but he is re-doing them all for a gallery showing because his skills have improved since then.

He is currently taking commissions and his rate is insanely low because he's still "practising". Now is definitely the time to have him paint something for you!

Raphaella

I love the "_____" with ham idea!! If I had any monies I would spring for a Grant Morrison with ham.

sonne

Quote from: Primrose on January 12, 2009, 03:10:08 AM
Some of them are at this link: http://bijijoo.com/ but he is re-doing them all for a gallery showing because his skills have improved since then.
He is currently taking commissions and his rate is insanely low because he's still "practising". Now is definitely the time to have him paint something for you!

I like his work and I think he did a very good job with you (even if I don't know what you actually look like).
I too have a mandatory Eris w/Golden Apple rendition of myself somewhere but unlike yours it is very cliché and sucky. lol.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: sonne on January 12, 2009, 05:50:16 PM
Quote from: Primrose on January 12, 2009, 03:10:08 AM

I like his work and I think he did a very good job with you (even if I don't know what you actually look like).
I too have a mandatory Eris w/Golden Apple rendition of myself somewhere but unlike yours it is very cliché and sucky. lol.

You should post it!

So, I talked to B last night and he says that at the moment, he'll do a commissioned painting of about that dimension (I think it's about 12x18" maybe) and complexity for under $100, and he's willing to work with you if you have an interesting idea and you're poor.

I'm just gonna throw out there that I think that anyone who CAN, absolutely SHOULD commission him, because this guy is insanely talented... he just started painting a year or so ago and he is already this good, and getting better all the time. He's also incredibly prolific, and does one or two paintings A DAY.

He's also a PhD biophysicist doing highly specialized research work, and lives alone in his house with three cats and three chickens. If you're not getting the full mental image yet, the first time I met him he was painted entirely red, and the second time he was dressed as Queen Elizabeth.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY he's not going to end up incredibly famous someday.  :lulz: So buy a painting!

Raphaella

The more I learn about this guy the more I like him!!

sonne

Gah. I have semi-interesting ideas and I'm poor, but I don't live in America.
He sounds like quite the character, though.
Here's a small version of mine: http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2113/11897030/21262667/350966675.jpg