News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

NEW-WAVE BOOK CLUB

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 17, 2012, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

So, I just read this wonderful novel by George Orwell called "1984." It's the deeply reassuring tale of a future utopia where we are all safe beneath the watchful and benevolent eyes of a big, cuddly government called Big Brother. My favorite thing about this future world is that it seems so plausible! I sure hope we can make our world just as safe and secure as the one in the book while I'm still alive.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah. Those people don't even have to agonize over relationships, Big Brother picks your spouse FOR you. Think of all the suffering that could be avoided! It's like letting OK Cupid find the PERFECT MATCH, only EVERYBODY WOULD PARTICIPATE!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Eater of Clowns

I DIDN'T LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE I'M NOT AFRAID OF RATS AND I THINK ITS DUMB THAT HES SO AFRAID FO RATS THAT HE STOPS BEING IN LOVE WITH THAT GIRL BECAUSE WHOSE REALLY THAT AFRAID OF RATS RIGHT?

WE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK POKER WITHOUT CARDS NEXT I THINK IT'D BE AWESOME.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Lenin McCarthy

I have a feeling that we're heading towards all possible utopias at once.

Kai

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 17, 2012, 08:13:45 PM
I DIDN'T LIKE THIS BOOK BECAUSE I'M NOT AFRAID OF RATS AND I THINK ITS DUMB THAT HES SO AFRAID FO RATS THAT HE STOPS BEING IN LOVE WITH THAT GIRL BECAUSE WHOSE REALLY THAT AFRAID OF RATS RIGHT?

WE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK POKER WITHOUT CARDS NEXT I THINK IT'D BE AWESOME.

:lulz:

Don't say it too loud, it will summon You-Know-Who!
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

:lulz: Wasn't he, like, institutionalized or something?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

BUT DID THE RATS CHEW HIS FACE OR DID HE JUST THINK THEY WERE COMING TO CHEW HIS FACE BECAUSE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE AND I HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK IN A LONG TIME BECAUSE IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE SO I FORGOT. BUT LIKE IF HE REALLY GOT HIS FACE ALL BIT UP BY RATS THEN MAYBE SOME KIND OF RAT GERMS GOT IN AND DID SOMETHING TO HIS BRAIN BECAUSE HE WAS DIFFERENT AFTER THAT. BECAUSE RATS ARE REALLY DIRTY AND THEY CARRY STUFF AND YOU HAVE TO KILL THEM WHEN THEY COME IN YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE PEOPLE COULD GET SICK AND HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEBODY DIED BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T KILL RATS? SO YEAH MAYBE IT WAS RAT BITES OR HE NEVER REALLY LOVED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE OR THE RATS WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE. SO IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT WHEN YOU MEET SOMEBODY TO FIND OUT WHAT SCARES THEM AND DO THAT OR THEY COULD END UP LEAVING.
THE END.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tyrannosaurus vex

I think the rats symbolize Democrats, cuz their scarey and rats live in hippy communes like COMMUNE-ists. And hes scared of em and the goverment keeps people safe from them.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

I don't understand why they let the proles keep living when they're obviously such a problem.  The rest of the country is so nice and the proles are all fat and ugly and there's too many of them.  It's so unrealistic!  I just feel like if the book actually happened then the proles would be too much of a problem to just let them do their thing.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.