News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

DHS might be too large of a target. I can't imagine us spreading enough posters that they actually even notice. I wonder if there are some smaller fish we might hunt? I really like the idea of forcing an organization to issue propaganda wihch invalidates our propaganda. I think part of it is being convincing enough and persistent enough.

Part of the persistence might be to direct some instructions towards whoever might be removing the posters. "Removal or defacement of this sign will result in a $500 fine." That'll keep them up longer.

Tangental thought on the note of Calvinball: "Community Art Space. Painting encouraged."

tyrannosaurus vex

Local official organizations are a good start, i think...

Game & Fish Departments, Transportation Departments, etc.

I love the idea of causing a storm of propaganda that leaves people not knowing which propaganda to believe or comply with. The main obstacle here is materials. Plain copy paper doesn't come across as authentic quite as well as metal signs. But I'm sure there are ways around that.

Also, I agree about including warnings against removing the signs.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

A.N. Other

"Wow, for an asshole, everyone loves you, honey." -My wife

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on September 18, 2008, 09:43:07 PM
DHS might be too large of a target. I can't imagine us spreading enough posters that they actually even notice.

I can. But then again, I'm a nucking fut with delusions of grandeur.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: vexati0n on September 18, 2008, 10:19:35 PM
Local official organizations are a good start, i think...

Game & Fish Departments, Transportation Departments, etc.

I love the idea of causing a storm of propaganda that leaves people not knowing which propaganda to believe or comply with. The main obstacle here is materials. Plain copy paper doesn't come across as authentic quite as well as metal signs. But I'm sure there are ways around that.

Also, I agree about including warnings against removing the signs.

When they're impossible to tell from the real thing, somebody is going to get fined and/or jailed.

Something to keep in mind...
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

tyrannosaurus vex

that's why you subtly change the official seal. "Department of Homeland Insecurity" or some such.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Adjusted a previous design for readability due to the current hilarity.

11 x 17

8.5 x 11

Elder Iptuous

^^
beautiful!  I'm on a gold forum that's all about real money v. fiat.  They'd eat that up. i assume you wouldn't mind me disseminating it to annuder board?
Do you have any plans for posters to illuminate the FED being privately owned and/or how the fractional reserve lending system works?

Cramulus

psst - the rant was actually written by Roger. Net's just a wandering design genius who comes and makes our stuff look good.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cramulus on September 19, 2008, 04:06:34 PM
psst - the rant was actually written by Roger. Net's just a wandering design genius who comes and makes our stuff look good.
aaah yeah.... i had already gleaned that before, but you know what they say: in one eye and out the other....

Voodoo

just an idea, but what if we started including a "For more information contact..." section and include a real person like:
J. Edward Fox, Assistant Secretary For Public Affairs
Department of Homeland Security
202-282-8000 (main DHS operator: unverified -- called with no answer)

Quote from: Iptuous on September 19, 2008, 03:33:54 PM
^^
beautiful!  I'm on a gold forum that's all about real money v. fiat.  They'd eat that up. i assume you wouldn't mind me disseminating it to annuder board?

Thanks. :D

Unless Roger changes his mind about this writing, it's for disseminating far and wide.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 19, 2008, 04:06:34 PM

LOL, "genius," but thanks Cram.

Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 19, 2008, 06:22:46 PM
just an idea, but what if we started including a "For more information contact..." section and include a real person like:
J. Edward Fox, Assistant Secretary For Public Affairs
Department of Homeland Security
202-282-8000 (main DHS operator: unverified -- called with no answer)

Sounds like a great idea. Though I think it would work best on a more governmental and official looking flyer with different content. Something with more of a stale, informational tone rather than Roger's vivid prose.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Netaungrot on September 19, 2008, 08:38:12 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Though I think it would work best on a more governmental and official looking flyer with different content. Something with more of a stale, informational tone rather than Roger's vivid prose.
as in a presentation of information that, while in itself, is alarming, is not presented in an alarming way?.....

note, this image is old. current nonborrowed reserves are at -125317 according to:
http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h3/Current/
Do you think people would understand what nonborrowed reserves are, with a quick rundown of fractional reserve requirements?