News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

The CIA What Now?

Started by Telarus, March 17, 2014, 09:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-cia-workplace-20140317,0,2858175.story#axzz2wDlQlqBO

CIA suspends chief of Iran operations over workplace issues
Veteran officer Jonathan Bank is placed on leave amid a rebellion against his management style, current and former officials say.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

The amount of fuckery going on at the Iran desk, I'm surprised anyone has time to be worried about "management style".

Telarus

Quote from: Cain on March 20, 2014, 07:55:25 AM
The amount of fuckery going on at the Iran desk, I'm surprised anyone has time to be worried about "management style".

Yah, that's what the roomie was saying last night when I showed him this. The LA Times has ties to certain Intelligence actors (apparently), so the fact that we're seeing even this much talked about means shit went really bad at the Iran desk. A work friend just mentioned that the media spun the recent Iran negotiations as a "win" for the US/Obama, when in reality Iran has not given up any plans for enrichment.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/20/iran-nuclear-eu-idINDEEA2J0AZ20140320
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Junkenstein

Well, I imagine it is a "win" of a sort. Iran carries on doing what it's doing and the USA can pull the "Whoa guy, I thought you stopped that" card later when we need a scary bearded country again. Between Syria and Ukraine, no-one cares too much about Iran at the moment so it'll probably be quite easy to write a suitable narrative involving broken agreements and betrayals when the timing is more suitable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Telarus

The U.S. government secretly created a Twitter-like social media service to subvert Cuba's communist government, according to an investigative report by the Associated Press.
http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/03/technology/cuban-twitter/index.html

US secretly created 'Cuban Twitter' to stir unrest
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/us-secretly-created-cuban-twitter-stir-unrest

My roommate keeps seeing various intelligence groups behind the "Arab Spring" and follow-up "twitter-fueled revolutions". This definitely points in that direction as well.
Telarus, KSC,

Cain

It gets better.

QuoteThe social media project began development in 2009 after Washington-based Creative Associates International obtained a half-million Cuban cellphone numbers.

CAI (ho ho ho, so slick) has been accused of being a CIA front and employer of Blackwater mercenaries before now.  According to its own history, it is:

Quote"a minority women-owned professional services firm incepted in 1977. Participation, diversity, and equity have driven projects seeking to improve the lives of underserved populations in more than 68 countries to date."

Unfortunately, this drive to improvement has included working with the baby-killing, nun-raping Contras and helping in the coup which ousted President Astride of Haiti.  Oh, they also got no-bid contracts to "build schools" in Iraq.

The Johnny

Improving lives with FREEDOMtm
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

And ya don't stop:

QuoteThe Obama administration defended its creation of a Twitter-like Cuban communications network to undermine the communist government, declaring the secret program was "invested and debated" by Congress and wasn't a covert operation that required White House approval.

But two senior Democrats on congressional intelligence and judiciary committees said Thursday they had known nothing about the effort, which one of them described as "dumb, dumb, dumb."

Telarus

I've been seeing that White House quote float around. Basically it's "We setup a legitimate service, but bundled a deniable clandestine intent into it, so now we can claim it's legitimate."  Kinda flies in the face of all the memos talking about how to seed flash-mobs without tipping off the Cuban government.
Telarus, KSC,

Cain

I'm just loving the fact that Obama and the intelligence community seem to be going out of their way to piss in congressional cheerios.  I mean, Congress is getting actually legitimately pissed at the CIA right now, and then THIS comes along.

It's like they want another Church committee.

Telarus

Ha, yah I assume that's why every early US story about this had the CAI-USAID =/= CIA meme.

Hm, I wonder if there are any other "twitter-a-likes" linked to USAID.
Telarus, KSC,

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,

Cain

http://ohtarzie.wordpress.com/2014/04/11/mark-ames-vs-glenn-greenwald-and-amy-goodman-on-usaid/#rssowlmlink

Apparently, Greenwald and Goodman did not know USAID's dirty past.  lawl.  Mark Ames schooled them.

Telarus

Caught your post on Facebook. Wow.

Oh, great. More shenanigans....

'Slush fund'? USAID under fire for paying Afghan, other governments to pass laws
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/14/usaid-under-fire-for-spending-billions-on-questionable-foreign-programs/
Telarus, KSC,