News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I like the FB Discordians. They're happy, excitable idiots. I feel many religions could learn from them. Not Discordianism though, we've got shit to deal with over here.

Sometimes.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Sita

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 08:09:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:04:57 PM
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 28, 2012, 08:03:30 PM
Does this also mean that hipsters will be more likely to listen to my music and say that they liked me before i was cool?

In about 20 more years.  There are stages to this.

Last month, I heard Aerosmith playing on the piped-in music in a drugstore.  True story.

Realizing that they no longer bother censoring George Michael's "I Want Your Sex" and that they play it on the "Soft Classics" station made me feel olllllllld.
I could have gone much longer without knowing that...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Nephew Twiddleton

Republic of gamers by machinae supremacy. Heretics all. But at least these ones are honest heretics.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Juana

I just traded in a handful of my old school books and I have about a zillion more I'm trying to get rid of, too. Need to dig out the giant box I have somewhere of my community college books.
Also discovered I can trade in kindle text books. Good. I only have one and this spring will be my last semester, but good.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Phox

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on December 28, 2012, 10:04:49 PM
Welcome to the club, Twid. My beard has been going grey at an alarming rate.
A cautionary tale for you, my Wiking friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5w262XvCU

Suu

MOTHERFUCKING BLACK WIDOW ALMOST LANDED ON ME ON THE COUCH.  :argh!:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:57:53 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:41:11 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:40:17 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 07:08:59 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 28, 2012, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 28, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
So hey guys, it turns out that Facebook Discordians are INCREDIBLY easy to fuck with. I know that Howl has known that for a long time, but I'm finally trying it and they're getting all catty on me.  :lulz:

They're more fun than you know what to do with...Especially since many of them were of the fold before they were lured away by Zuckerberg and turned into heathen. 

I feel an epistle coming on.

Seriously, I love that if you reply in a literal and factual fashion to anyone about anything, they promptly start accusing you of being "too serious" It's AWESOME.  :lulz:

The epistle should get some froth going.

Which group are you trolling?  the 2011 ones?

I'm trolling the regular one; the one that has like 3000 members and nobody posts anything above the intellectual equivalent of "replace the word "love" in a song with the word "fuck".

I'm not kidding about that.  :lol:

There's a guy named Steve who is seriously butthurt because I tl;dr at him and then bumped a bunch of the stupidest threads I could find.

To old timers:  Think PD, circa early 2003.  All day.

It's true. And horrible. The inanity is leaking out EVERYWHERE, and Steve is really, REALLY butthurt. :lulz: Now he's following me around in different threads sulking at me.

You're turning into me, you know.  :lulz:

:lulz: Oh yay! So I guess there's at least ONE benefit of getting older... I get to become a curmudgeon.

Yep.  And there's a benefit for guys, too.  The single male/female ratio approaches 0.

Doesn't help if you're not single, of course.

OH, YEAH, THAT'S THE OTHER THING!  Your brain will try to make you look like a TOTAL HORSE'S ASS by convincing you that you can STAY YOUNG if you date or fuck younger people!  You can be that ridiculous combover/cougar, fucking around with someone half your age, while everyone openly laughs at you!  BE THE FIRST ASSHOLE IN YOUR OLD FOLKS HOME TO RUN OUT AND GET A TWENTYSOMETHING FOR THE PASSENGER SEAT OF YOUR MIATA!

If you're REALLY lucky, this will be paired with a complete deterioration of your sense of taste, and the onset of utter stupidity.

Case in point, the NYEX.   :|

Who is now liable for child support until he is old enough to retire.

Stupid dumbfuck.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HEY ROGER

My dog is almost back to normal now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 29, 2012, 06:43:13 AM
HEY ROGER

Next time, feed it some mai thais.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2012, 06:59:13 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 29, 2012, 06:43:13 AM
HEY ROGER

Next time, feed it some mai thais.

Oh, I think not! She peed all over the couch and did a weird dance after licking her crotch for 40 minutes. And for a while she got stuck jumping on the couch and couldn't stop without intervention. Luckily she's come down and is probably ready for bedtime.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on December 28, 2012, 11:20:35 PM
I like the FB Discordians. They're happy, excitable idiots. I feel many religions could learn from them. Not Discordianism though, we've got shit to deal with over here.

Sometimes.

Yeah. I'm gonna keep fucking with them until they burn out on it. Which will be never.

Cain

Do I have to go to Facebook to see Roger's epistle to them?

I ask mainly because I'm logged into my main FB account at the moment, and I have to log out to log back in under my Discordian one.  And I know if I go in under my main one, I'm going to be confronted with the hideousness of seeing the idiots I went to school with posting stupid shit about how they didnt get an iPhone 5 so the world is going to end (you're 26...buy one) and similar stuff.

Basically, I'd need to fortify myself with alcohol before doing such a thing.  Real alcohol, not champagne.  And it's too early in the day for that, even during the holidays.

Nephew Twiddleton

Dear god I am so hungry.

And I must watch my past. Damn you.

Nephew Twiddleton

I just realized something.

I've ignored Villager. Where she mattered the most. Where she and I crossed paths.  Jesus fuck I think I get her entirely now.  All you have to do is turn down the bass. And that's exactly what she wants you to do...