News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

So I've been gone for a little over a week and...

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 22, 2009, 12:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on March 26, 2009, 01:29:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 01:22:43 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on March 26, 2009, 01:21:40 AM
Quote from: Felix on March 26, 2009, 01:20:09 AM
Damn, I've failed to align myself with a clique and doomed myself to the out-crowd.

Help?

no, you can't join the clique until you've figured out what is MYSTERIOUSLY WRONG with this forum.

Ask Hoops what's wrong. 

It's really funny, when you're not on the shit end of the stick, right?

Is "yes" the wrong answer here?

Because I'm leaning toward yes.

Of course.  Provided, of course, that you prefer shitting on your fellow Discordians, and enjoy tormenting people who thought you were their friends.

Again, it's a good thing we're not like the cabbages, yes?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on March 26, 2009, 01:38:38 AM
This thread is officially gay and retarded.  Everyone STFU!

Sure.  As soon as you stop playing hacky sack using orphan children, you bastard!   :argh!:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bruno

AAUGH! Why does it smell like self-loathing in here?

SOMEBODY CRACK A WINDOW!!!  :argh!:
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on March 26, 2009, 01:44:50 AM

I don't loathe myself.  I LOVE me.

It's you bastards I hate.  Well, that's a little narrow.  It's all bipeds I hate.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Fred Noodle on March 26, 2009, 01:28:50 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on March 26, 2009, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: Fred Noodle on March 26, 2009, 01:24:07 AM
JOIN TEAM FRED!!!!

$5 MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP, LIFETIME OF AWESOEMMM!!!!!!!

MONNIES BACK GARENTEE?

FUCK NO MONIES BACK. HANGIN WITH FRED IS NON REFUNDABLE

I WOULD PAY 5 MONIES TO HANG OUT WITH FRED!!!
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 01:46:06 AM

It's you bastards I hate.  Well, that's a little narrow.  It's all bipeds I hate.

Still, the whole site could use some Febreze.

If that doesn't work, I'm breaking out the patchouli.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 01:22:43 AM
Ask Hoops what's wrong. 

It's really funny, when you're not on the shit end of the stick, right?

ok, ... I see "The Return of Hunter" being a dick to him (and to a lot more people), which I called him out on.
and I see P3NT laughing at the whole situation, which is what he does.

hmmmmm ok i think i see what you mean now. we didnt used to just pick on eachother simply for the heck of it.

i gotta agree somewhat with P3NT and Felix though, in that it is funny, in a way, for the reason you already pointed out, it's monkey politics, and monkey politics is FUNNY. even when it's your friends that do it, that makes it SAD, but FUNNY. just like you don't go around causing horrormirth, doesn't mean you don't get to laugh at it.

HOWEVER, I see your point, we should be able to expect MORE and BETTER from this board. It may be funny to laugh at friends hurling poop at eachother once in while, especially if everybody can laugh at it afterwards, but if it happens every 2-3 days, is when things start falling apart and we degenerate first into monkeys and then cabbages.

point taken.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

fomenter

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on March 26, 2009, 01:54:06 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 26, 2009, 01:46:06 AM

Still, the whole site could use some Febreze.

If that doesn't work, I'm breaking out the patchouli.

please keep your hippie stink "cover juice" out of my forum
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bruno

Dr Goofy

Holy Quantum leap Malachite, Isn't your sig from when Sam teachs Micheal Jackson the moon walk?

As for the thread it bores me. I understand shitting hate just not flinging it.

Messier Undertree

For the record, I've never felt the need to pretend to be friends with people just because they post on the same board or they claim to be a member (wut) of the same fake religion as me.

I have no real beef with any of you guys right now, but it just seems like a bullshit argument to me. If I don't like something, I'll say so. And I would expect the same from anyone else.

Quote from: Dr Goofy on March 26, 2009, 02:38:32 AM
Holy Quantum leap Malachite, Isn't your sig from when Sam teachs Micheal Jackson the moon walk?

As for the thread it bores me. I understand shitting hate just not flinging it.

I don't even know who it is. I just stole it from somewhere because I thought it was funny.

Dr Goofy

Well i am 90% sure that that is what that is being a big Quantum Leap fan that I am.

wade

when are we going to drink and play SNES together, malachite?
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Borderline Simpleton on March 25, 2009, 10:04:33 PM
Guys. I think we all need to calm the fuck down and listen to what everyone else is trying to say. I mean, for fuck's sake. As much as I like this place, and the posters on it, I'm seriously considering leaving (yeah i know no great loss and all that)

While I can see ECH's point, this board does seem to have gone downhill recently (IMO), I think that we all need to stop being so goddamn aggressive. I mean, this isn't some shitty little site we're all trolling, is it? Is it? I just don't see why you'd particularly want to be screaming insults at people you were conversing perfectly naturally with last week. It's fucking ridiculous.

And before you all start screaming at me for butting in, I'd just like to say that I post this with the best possible intentions. I like this site, and don't want to see it destroyed by stupid little personal vendettas.

this.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Malachite on March 25, 2009, 10:28:04 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 25, 2009, 10:05:05 PM
Yes, this place has changed

For the better? I feel like it has improved since the pineal days, but that it's way past its peak now.

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 25, 2009, 10:05:05 PMbut it's remained stable and self-administering for longer than most internet communities survive. Communities change, people come and go, and I don't know of any way of steering it in any one direction without some fucking ham-fisted MW-style moderation.

As far as I can tell, ECH wasn't threatening to mod, ban or otherwise abuse his powers as admin.

He was just voicing his opinion, one that he's had for a long time and hasn't said anything before out of some sort of expectation to stay neutral as admin (or that's how I understood it, at least). And it's an opinion that I happen to agree with, somewhat.

this even more.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"