News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Possible Panther sighting near down town Jacksonville, FL

Started by Disco Pickle, September 26, 2011, 05:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

They're beautiful.  Yes, they can be deadly.

You and your kids have a better chance of being mauled by a neighbor's dog, apparently.

http://www.cougarinfo.org/attacks3.htm
http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-statistics/dog-bite-statistics.html
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There are a lot more dogs than cougars, so of course the odds of being mauled by a dog are higher. That's also a completely stupid argument for wanting cougars in an urban environment, where they don't belong, have no habitat other than people's yards, and no prey other than people, dogs, and cats.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

was anyone actually serious about wanting panthers in our back yards?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on September 27, 2011, 09:14:45 PM

I don't really care. If someone presents an idiotic precept, I'm still going to make fun of it even if it's not serious. Why wouldn't I?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, you were clearly being sarcastic. So I'm not really talking to you.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Iptuous on September 27, 2011, 09:14:45 PM

I've been mauled by many an urban cougar in my day.  

They were never gentle.

And damn, those claw marks.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Elder Iptuous

top predators, man.
top predators.

hey. completely unrelated....
you look like the lead singer from AWOLNATION.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Iptuous on September 27, 2011, 09:21:52 PM
top predators, man.
top predators.

hey. completely unrelated....
you look like the lead singer from AWOLNATION.

Haven't heard of them, but that's a new one on me.

**goes to look**

Hmmm..  ok, yeah, sort of.  He can grow much more facial hair than I can.  I have the hair follicles of a 12 year old boy.

I usually get Billy Baldwin.  Something about the eyebrows and the smile..  I was getting tired of hearing that one.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Elder Iptuous

I'm sure you've heard the song "Sail" on the radio, or around?
check that one out if you haven't.  the whole album is pret gud, if you ask me.

Disco Pickle

Listening to it now.  Haven't heard it before, but yeah..  Pret Gud indeed.  I'll check out the rest of their stuff.

hirley0

Quote from: Nigel on September 27, 2011, 09:18:02 PM
I mean, you were clearly being sarcastic. So I'm not really talking to you.

COmprenda'

i'LL report the sightings in the fountain Lobby D'spite this
in order of arrival 1-3PM {Tuesday)
http://www.choctawindian.com/
http://www.puebloindian.com/
http://www.native-languages.org/navajo.htm http://www.navajo.org

i should be able to ADDdress Clan directories by now
however there was a brake DOWN  in talks
Maybe http://www.horsekeeping.com/jewelry/NavajoIndians.htm
HOUSKEEPER "MARISSA" got thru {then again maybe not
the basement level CHAttER was aLL in (rapido}/Spanish | thus i donno

Jenne

I don't like that our house is surrounded by so many preserves, but them's the breaks.  I lived in Big Bear in the 80's and 90's...and we saw bears, coyotes (on a near-daily basis), burros...not to mention scads of squirrels and chipmunks (do they count?  probably not).  So I'm somewhat used to it...but it freaks me the fuck out to see one bounding out in front of my car knowing full well it comes from the same area I just hiked into and out of not a day before.

I'm not advocating importing/exporting them anywhere, but I do realize I have to share the space around me with them...however much that freaks me out.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on September 28, 2011, 07:22:45 PM
I don't like that our house is surrounded by so many preserves, but them's the breaks.  I lived in Big Bear in the 80's and 90's...and we saw bears, coyotes (on a near-daily basis), burros...not to mention scads of squirrels and chipmunks (do they count?  probably not).  So I'm somewhat used to it...but it freaks me the fuck out to see one bounding out in front of my car knowing full well it comes from the same area I just hiked into and out of not a day before.

I'm not advocating importing/exporting them anywhere, but I do realize I have to share the space around me with them...however much that freaks me out.

That's one of the simultaneous benefits and drawbacks of living on the edge of undeveloped lands... so beautiful! But occasionally someone gets mauled to death.

I am envious of the burros. We don't have burros. I want burros.  :sad:

Kai

I for one am GLAD to have cougars, coyotes, wolves and bears in central W'scunsen again. Way the hell too many white tail, and not enough human predators to keep the population down, much less wild ones. But in an urban environment? Animals that big cause trouble in urban environments. It's not HEALTHY for big predators to be in urban environments, for either them or the human residents.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on September 28, 2011, 11:41:36 PM
Quote from: Jenne on September 28, 2011, 07:22:45 PM

That's one of the simultaneous benefits and drawbacks of living on the edge of undeveloped lands... so beautiful! But occasionally someone gets mauled to death.

I am envious of the burros. We don't have burros. I want burros.  :sad:

They're leftovers from the mining days.  Donkeys turned free to roam...they're mostly trash diggers nowadays--so bad that there's central dumping sites you go to to get rid of your trash instead of leaving it outside for someone to collect, street by street.  Once in a while, they'll be caught for Old Miners' Days and ridden through town in a race...I think they let them go after that...which doesn't sound right now that I think about it.  Maybe someone corrals them year-round for that purpose?  :?