News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

The Parable of the Gong

Started by Cramulus, June 27, 2007, 05:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

The Parable of the Gong
As told by Professor Cramulus, OBNOXIOUS JERK cabal

There was once a young Discordian called Golden Rod. Early in his illumination, he wondered what season his country was in.

Perhaps it was in the season of Discord, on the cusp of Bureaucracy. Surely, Order was rising to noxious levels.

Or perhaps it was already Bureaucracy, on the cusp of Aftermath. Surely, Disorder was rising to obnoxious levels.

So in his quest for An Answer, Golden Rod sought out the Discordian monk Nopants. Nopants dwelled in a basement because it would be obscene for him to go outside. Golden Rod freed himself from his leggings and descended the stairs. Below, Nopants sat on a cushion in a gross lotus position.

"My wise friend Nopants, I have come to ask you a question,,Äù said Golden Rod, ,ÄúWhat is Bureaucracy?"

,ÄúIn India,,Äù said Nopants, ,Äúthey tie elephants to trees using thin cords. An elephant could easily snap the cord, yet they remain tethered in place. Why do you think this is?,Äù

Golden Rod itched himself and shrugged.

,ÄúWhen the elephant is young,,Äù intoned Nopants, ,Äúshe is too weak to break the cord. She tries, but eventually she gives up. When the elephant grows up, she does not try to escape her puny bonds because she believes she will fail.,Äù

,ÄúSo the cord isn,Äôt the thing keeping the elephant in place,,Äù said Golden Rod. He squinted at Nopants, ,ÄúThat,Äôs very interesting, but what does that have to do with Bureaucracy?,Äù

,ÄúBureaucracy,,Äù said Nopants, ,Äúis waiting for a red traffic light in the middle of the night when no one is coming.,Äù

Across space and time, a gong sounded.

Golden Rod left the basement and returned to the real world, thoroughly confused. As he drove home, he ran five red lights. His mirth rose with each light. By the end of the voyage he was giggling like a ninny at his newfound freedom.

Years went by and Golden Rod continued drive towards Aftermath. He ignored stop signs, blew through red lights, and opened his moon roof despite danger of falling rocks.

,ÄúSweet Merciful Ass!,Äù cried out Bung-Fu the Fool as he clawed at the dashboard. ,ÄúYou,Äôre gonna get us both killed!,Äù

,ÄúNonsense! I am self-emancipated from these mundane traffic laws,,Äù cackled Golden Rod.  ,ÄúI am a harbinger of Aftermath!,Äù

,ÄúDo you always drive like this?,Äù said Bung-Fu as he buckled his seat belt.

Golden Rod nodded. "Always."

Meanwhile, the monk Nopants was wheeling his gong across the street towards his basement. He patiently waited for the light to turn red, then pushed the ponderous percussive instrument upon the pavement.

The collision made the exact sound of enlightenment.

LMNO

AFK

this is awash in copius amounts of win. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

That One Guy

People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

hunter s.durden

:mittens:

That was the way such tales were meant to be told.
This space for rent.

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Darth Cupcake

PROF CRAM IS A FUCKING JERK HE IS DRINKING MY BEER

JERK

Hi. :D
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Chairman Risus

hooplala

I fucking LOVE it.

And:  yoinked.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Forteetu

WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

Cramulus

Idem