News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

$20,000 worth of 'change' for faking cancer

Started by Hoser McRhizzy, August 06, 2010, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser McRhizzy

Are you feeling unloved?  Unspecial?  Do you need attention, a couple thousand dollars and a trip to Disney World? 

FAKE CANCER might be just the ticket you've been searching for! 

:|

Toronto Star: Woman Faked Cancer to Raise Money
QuoteAshley Anne Kirilow, a 23-year-old Burlington native, admits she faked cancer, ran a bogus charity and collected thousands of dollars from hundreds of people.

She shaved her head and eyebrows, plucked her eyelashes and starved herself to look like a chemotherapy patient. She told anyone she met she had been disowned by drug-addicted parents, or that they were dead.

On Sept. 27, [Adam] Catley and a group of friends organized a benefit for Ashley at The Queen's Head, Catley's father's pub in downtown Burlington.

They charged a $20 cover, bands travelled in from out of town at their own expense, Labatt donated the beer, staff donated all of their tips, and the bar itself donated the night's profits.

Proceeds totalled almost $9,000, Catley said, and he gave the cash to Ashley in an envelope the next day.
Photos from the event show Ashley completely hairless, with a scarf around her head. "She's good, I'll tell you that," said Catley. "She had me 100 per cent."

Weeks after the benefit at The Queen's Head, Ashley started a Facebook group to announce a charity she was starting called Change for a Cure.

"Together we can 'Change' the world one penny at a time! ?" reads the tagline. In two days, the group amassed 1,000 members. Within a few months, it had more than 4,000.

Ashley claimed she was raising money to donate to the University of Alberta's research into dichloroacetate, or DCA, a prospective cancer treatment. She said she would walk from Burlington to Edmonton — starting April 29, her 23rd birthday — to deliver the money to the university in person and petition Canadians along the way.

Link to the change for a cure facebook page is in the quote, but here's a new one – the masses are sharpening their pitchforks for this young woman.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Doktor Howl

Burlington?  I would have expected this out of Nappannee.
Molon Lube

Aucoq

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on August 06, 2010, 07:11:35 PM

She shaved her head and eyebrows, plucked her eyelashes and starved herself to look like a chemotherapy patient. She told anyone she met she had been disowned by drug-addicted parents, or that they were dead.

While I don't agree with what she did, I kind of admire her "dedication" to her cause. :lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Hoser McRhizzy

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2010, 07:13:27 PM
Burlington?  I would have expected this out of Nappannee.

C'mon.  Nothing fake ever came out of Nappan...  

Oh yeah... :lol:

Hoser McRhizzy

Update: Burlington "cancer" patient arrested for fraud

What's interesting to me atm - the number of people flocking to her facebook page to diagnose her with mental problems.  Have no idea how many have linked to a wiki page on Munchhausen's (sp?).  People are fascinating. 

Tiny and bizarre things.  "She should have chemo in jail!"  "She should volunteer with palliative care patients."  "We need to pray for her."

As well as funny, funny shit.  Now that she's gotten all of this attention, "She refused to be interviewed, saying: 'I really don't have the energy.'"

Quote from: Aucoq on August 06, 2010, 07:18:09 PM
Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on August 06, 2010, 07:11:35 PM

While I don't agree with what she did, I kind of admire her "dedication" to her cause. :lol:

:horrormirth:

The real display is yet to come, methinks.  Has all the makings of a made-for-tv catalyst.  If she gets a born-again/redemption story in order...

Aucoq

Quote from: Nurse Rhizome on August 07, 2010, 07:19:57 PM
:horrormirth:

The real display is yet to come, methinks.  Has all the makings of a made-for-tv catalyst.  If she gets a born-again/redemption story in order...

Haha, yeah.  I can already see that coming.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Prince Glittersnatch III

If she was really smart she would of targeted Pentecostal Churches. She could of said that Jesus healed her cancer and enjoyed a lucrative career as a faith healer.

She can still salvage this, she can still make up some story bout how she needed the money to save an orphanage or something.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!