News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Perry: Government you can TRUST.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 17, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I'm sort of on board with Cram, in the sense that I really like a lot of gay people, and I in no way want douchebags like Perry and Mr Bachmann associated with GLORIOUS FAGGOTRY.

They're just not fabulously awesome enough.

So, if we want to run with this, why don't we take it literally?  "Rick Perry is so not gay.  You can tell by his poor fashion sense, by the way he dances, and the fact that he's an utter shitbag."

"Being gay is cool.  Being Rick Perry isn't.  PERRY: NOT EVEN ONCE."

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 13, 2011, 03:37:12 PM
implying Rick Perry might be gay (by denying it strongly) is intended to get him (and his supporters) to get worked up about it, but a campaign for getting them worked up about it also confirms the idea that being gay or implying someone is gay is something to get worked up about, and therefore you don't like it.

yeah that's basically the gist of it

Triple Zero

(re:LMNO) To be honest, I think that's probably slightly more dumb than the other thing.

I really had to bite my tongue last time you said something like "he can't be gay! he's not cool enough to be gay!" or something like that, I forget the context, maybe you remember. I didn't say anything because it wasn't worth getting into an argument about. Except now we're on the subject.

I know various types of gay people, all of wildly varying amounts of awesome and fabulosity. Same for straight people. Some of them are, in fact highly annoying, regardless of their sexual orientation.

And for the same reason why it's dumb to say "you're not cool enough to be straight" I go all :| when someone says someone's not fabulous enough to be gay.

Like it's an exclusive club you're trying to convince people they want to be part of (because everybody should want to be fabulous and awesome, right?). And that's the difference. At least Rick Perry supporters already are bigots and getting them worked up about false claims (arguably) doesn't create any additional prejudices.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 03:48:30 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on September 13, 2011, 03:37:12 PM
implying Rick Perry might be gay (by denying it strongly) is intended to get him (and his supporters) to get worked up about it, but a campaign for getting them worked up about it also confirms the idea that being gay or implying someone is gay is something to get worked up about, and therefore you don't like it.

yeah that's basically the gist of it

okay.

I hope you still enjoyed the dick jokes, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 03:07:36 PM
I honestly truly just want people's race and sexuality to not be part of the discussion

Even though this image meme is obviously tongue in cheek, it's still bringing a particle to the foreground that I don't think belongs in politics

there are so much more valid, cutting, useful things to say about perry than trying to start a false flag rumor that he's gay

I don't want my enemies to experience homophobia either

it's all the lapel pin bullshit. It's superficial - smoke and mirrors. The more we talk about it, even when we satirize it, the more real it becomes, the more easy it is for it to become part of the discussion in the future.

Here's the deal:  Rick Perry is the face of modern homophobia.  No, scratch that, he's the face of 1500s homophobia.   He is a dominionist, which is to say a "Christian Reconstructionist", and their view is that homosexuals should be killed.  By stoning.  I shit you not.

So, this little gag is designed to discredit him with his own political base, or even - as LBJ once said - just to make the bastard  deny it.

Obviously, this doesn't do a thing to harm Christian Reconstructionism itself, and yes, it's just treating a symptom.

But if it keeps that jackass out of office - or even helps - then there's 4 more years in which I won't have to worry about my daughter's fate at the hands of yahoos.

Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 04:03:50 PM
I honestly truly just want people's race and sexuality to not be part of the discussion

Even though this image meme is obviously tongue in cheek, it's still bringing a particle to the foreground that I don't think belongs in politics

there are so much more valid, cutting, useful things to say about perry than trying to start a false flag rumor that he's gay

it's all the lapel pin bullshit. It's superficial - smoke and mirrors. The more we talk about it, even when we satirize it, the more real it becomes, the more easy it is for it to become part of the discussion in the future.

Here's the deal:  Rick Perry is the face of modern homophobia.  No, scratch that, he's the face of 1500s homophobia.   He is a dominionist, which is to say a "Christian Reconstructionist", and their view is that homosexuals should be killed.  By stoning.  I shit you not.

So, this little gag is designed to discredit him with his own political base, or even - as LBJ once said - just to make the bastard  deny it.

Obviously, this doesn't do a thing to harm Christian Reconstructionism itself, and yes, it's just treating a symptom.

But if it keeps that jackass out of office - or even helps - then there's 4 more years in which I won't have to worry about my daughter's fate at the hands of yahoos.

Maybe a different angle, then...  hit the "wants x% of Americans stoned to death" angle?  (Brainstorming, here...) 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on September 13, 2011, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 04:03:50 PM

Maybe a different angle, then...  hit the "wants x% of Americans stoned to death" angle?  (Brainstorming, here...) 

No, because his base approves of that, and 90% of the middle is still convinced shit like that can't happen here.

But what the hell do I know?  Let's let political correctness prevent any assistance to stopping an actual bigoted monster.

FFS.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

TRUST ME AND MY "PRAYER WARRIORS".  WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?
\
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 04:12:00 PM
But what the hell do I know?  Let's let political correctness prevent any assistance to stopping an actual bigoted monster.

FFS.

But what the hell do I know? Let's get the bigots biggoting to prevent bigotry.

FFS

East Coast Hustle

this is retarded. The slightest chance of negatively influencing Rick Perry's nearly-assured impending presidency is WAY THE FUCK WORTH possibly maybe crossing the line into some tounge-in-cheek bigotry.

Means and ends, people.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Or, put another way, when he becomes High Imperator and makes homosexuality an ACTUAL FUCKING CRIME, I hope you'll feel awesome about yourself that you took such a principled stand against bigotry.

ITT, a textbook example of why the American left is completely ineffectual and deserves the constant shitting-on that it gets.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

So i'm going to go to the supermarket and buy some eggs which I would have wanted to have for lunch today if I hadn't been spending 3 hours photoshopping Rick Perrry and arguing in this thread and another few hours doing godknowswhat because I wanted to give you guys more wrath or asshattery or stupid fun.
i could have been eating lunch, or perhaps programming a Restricted Boltzmann Machine. btu I got distracted. It's nobody's fault but mine btw, I know that because it goes like this every day.

anyway I think I'm going to buy eggs and try and make one of those 3 minute chocolate cake in a coffee mug things now.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on September 13, 2011, 04:17:44 PM
this is retarded. The slightest chance of negatively influencing Rick Perry's nearly-assured impending presidency is WAY THE FUCK WORTH possibly maybe crossing the line into some tounge-in-cheek bigotry.

Means and ends, people.

Unless someone is willing to step up to the top of a building with a rifle.......  

I would rather have (you better sit down for this one) Palin as president than Perry.  At least she is upfront with her craziness, Perry is a religious fanatic.  You can't reason with people who think they are doing the work of god.  

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 04:17:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2011, 04:12:00 PM
But what the hell do I know?  Let's let political correctness prevent any assistance to stopping an actual bigoted monster.

FFS.

But what the hell do I know? Let's get the bigots biggoting to prevent bigotry.

FFS

Let's allow a monster into office to demonstrate our moral superiority.  Then we can all wring our hands and say how rotten it is, the way they're fucking up Gays.  We can all moan about a new crop of Matthew Shepards, but at least we didn't call Rick Perry Gay.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I'm not trying to prevent you cats from doing your thing. I just wanted to voice my opinion why I think it's a poor way of raising awareness. I mean, you could call him a nigger lover or nigger hater, that would also have a slight chance of negatively influencing Rick Perry, but I can't stand with a group of people shouting shit like that.

Anyway, I think I've made my point -- carry on with the shenanigans.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
I'm not trying to prevent you cats from doing your thing. I just wanted to voice my opinion why I think it's a poor way of raising awareness.

It isn't raising awareness.  It's a smear campaign.

Quote from: Cramulus on September 13, 2011, 04:24:18 PM
Anyway, I think I've made my point

Yeah, I can agree with that statement.
Molon Lube