News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

fractals

Started by bones, August 06, 2008, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones

i love them, so naturally when i started a flash class this was the first thing i made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TCTv-OFXnw

im sure you had higher hopes if you bothered looking. its basic and dodgy i know, but in the next few months i will be doing cooler things along to my music..

so just you wait.
filmmusic

Cramulus

pretty cool! Needs some music though, most definitely.

Triple Zero

sweet! i used to code stuff like this years ago, played with Fractint and such.

but um, it's not a triangle but a tree? were you confused with the sierpinksy gasket?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reverend Loveshade

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 04:56:08 PM

but um, it's not a triangle but a tree? were you confused with the sierpinksy gasket?

It looks either like a tree or a kidney on a stick.  Nice work, though!  I look forward to seeing more.
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

bones

Quote from: triple zero on August 06, 2008, 04:56:08 PM

yeah if id used coding instead of flash tools it might line up better, should look into things like fractint.

http://www.phidelity.com/blog/fractal/pythagoras-tree/ i can't find it now, but the first place i saw it called it an extension of the pythagorean triangle.. not really an appropriate name i guess, it just leaves right-angle triangle gaps between the squares.

..kidney on a stick?  :lol:
filmmusic

The Dark Monk

It's either a nuclear cloud or a mushroom....maybe a willow tree?
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~