News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Advances in artificially made organisms

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

"Technology" includes clothing, knots, and tools that increase the velocity and range of weapons (slings, et al).

Which still puts us on top of the food chain, as a species.  To posit the entire human race as naked with no tool-making abilities is to posit a complete fantasy. 

Sir Bearington

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 02:03:02 PM
"Technology" includes clothing, knots, and tools that increase the velocity and range of weapons (slings, et al).

Which still puts us on top of the food chain, as a species.  To posit the entire human race as naked with no tool-making abilities is to posit a complete fantasy.

If we didn't have any technology at all, and we were as thick as shit we would be the food chains' bitch.

LMNO

But we do, and we're not.  The position you are taking is meaningless.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 24, 2012, 09:25:14 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 09:11:43 PM

Quote from: Trollbear on July 24, 2012, 09:08:02 PM
Animals should be eating us left right and centre because essentially, humans are weak save only thier intellectual capacity.

Well, that and our innate viciousness, ability to throw rocks, and capacity to run all damn day until the antelope keels over from exhaustion.

We are the weaponized ape, the best hunters and fighters ever born, the only proof of which I need offer is that we have the leisure time to have this conversation.

Look, human's arent all that special, you are disillusioned to the fact we are the best fighters and therefore the most able and best in general, a chimpazee is way stronger, vicious and can throw rocks and use simple tools aswell as co-ordination in attacking and can outrun a human. A primitive ape runs rings around "weaponized" brainy ape.

One does.  We travel in mobs.

Chimpanzees live in our zoos.

Game over.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:11:20 PM

If we didn't have any technology at all, and we were as thick as shit we would be the food chains' bitch.

Yeah, except that we survived long enough to gain technology, and killed every predator that tried to put us on the menu.

Remember the sabertooth cat?

Neither do I.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

IF EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT, THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 02:20:46 PM
IF EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT, THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

IF PIGS COULD FLY, WE'D ALL CARRY UMBRELLAS.

LMNO

IF ROGER COULD FLY, WE'D ALL LIVE IN BOMB SHELTERS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 02:43:54 PM
IF ROGER COULD FLY, WE'D ALL LIVE IN BOMB SHELTERS WEAR HAZMAT SUITS AND UMBRELLAS.

Fixed that for ya.

LMNO

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:16:32 PM

Yeah, except that we survived long enough to gain technology, and killed every predator that tried to put us on the menu.

Neither do I.

Our survival to gradually create technology is only a result of our learning and intellect, remove that and we would all be dead.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:47:06 PM

Neither do I.

Our survival to gradually create technology is only a result of our learning and intellect, remove that and we would all be dead.

AND IF I HAD NO LEGS, MY BALLS WOULD BUMP ON THE GROUND.

Sir Bearington

humans are glorified monkey's that in natures terms should not exist and are only good because they are smartarses.

There i said it.

LMNO

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:48:11 PM

Neither do I.

IF I HAD NO LEGS, MY BALLS WOULD BUMP ON YOUR FACE.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 03:10:38 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 02:48:11 PM

Neither do I.

IF I HAD NO LEGS, MY BALLS WOULD BUMP ON YOUR FACE.

If i had no legs id support my body weight with my arms.

Supporting with my balls would be painful.