News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

The Wild, Wild West redux

Started by Doktor Howl, April 17, 2010, 01:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

America and its guns scare me. I think education on how to use em if you are going to have em is probably a good thing.

I also secretly hope that as my soon to be ex husband is prohibited for mental health reasons from owning a gun that some fucker shoots him for being a douche, or gets arrested for illegal weapon charge.

I like the UK's gun law.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wait

does anyone think this is actually going to change anything?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Yes.
Like almost all laws it makes being lawabiding a tiny bit harder.
It's almost as if they don't want you to know what is and isn't legal.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on April 17, 2010, 10:13:44 PM
America and its guns scare me.

Why?  Most of these lardasses can't shoot straight anydamnway.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Regret on April 18, 2010, 10:39:32 AM
Yes.
Like almost all laws it makes being lawabiding a tiny bit harder.
It's almost as if they don't want you to know what is and isn't legal.

How does eliminating the need for a permit that very few people use make it harder to abide by the law?

Removing an irrelevant restriction makes it easier to not unintentionally break the law, logically speaking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 18, 2010, 03:54:03 PM
How does eliminating the need for a permit that very few people use make it harder to abide by the law?

Because the law is fairly byzantine when it comes to carrying firearms, and the CCW required classes that taught people those laws.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind this law.  But a lot of dumbfucks will being going to jail.  Just saying.

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2010, 03:59:22 PM

Because the law is fairly byzantine when it comes to carrying firearms, and the CCW required classes that taught people those laws.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind this law.  But a lot of dumbfucks will being going to jail.  Just saying.

I bet those dumbfucks are the same dumbfucks who are already carrying illegally, and the people who would have taken that class and gotten a permit are going to take a class anyway.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 18, 2010, 04:39:26 PM

I bet those dumbfucks are the same dumbfucks who are already carrying illegally, and the people who would have taken that class and gotten a permit are going to take a class anyway.

No, not really.  Everyone in Oro Valley, Phoenix, and Tempe will be running out to buy easily-concealable pistols, come July 1.

This is going to be your garden variety "I've always wanted to be Dirty Harry but couldn't be arsed to go to class" fat conservatard who is at the same time too afraid to break the law when it comes to parking, and who will now get nailed due to ignorance, once he runs out and buys his "Spic-Be-Good".  <--- Have actually heard that term for a pistol used in Oro Valley. 

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2010, 04:43:59 PM

No, not really.  Everyone in Oro Valley, Phoenix, and Tempe will be running out to buy easily-concealable pistols, come July 1.

This is going to be your garden variety "I've always wanted to be Dirty Harry but couldn't be arsed to go to class" fat conservatard who is at the same time too afraid to break the law when it comes to parking, and who will now get nailed due to ignorance, once he runs out and buys his "Spic-Be-Good".  <--- Have actually heard that term for a pistol used in Oro Valley. 

:lulz: And I thought Oregon was hicktastic.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on April 18, 2010, 04:49:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2010, 04:43:59 PM

:lulz: And I thought Oregon was hicktastic.

With the exception of metro Tucson, Arizona is a collection of caricatures.  We really DO have the fat, smug republican retirees, the horrible fucking racist in the pickup truck, the soccer mom with 100 Jesus bumper stickers, the works.  People here really DO obsess about the dangers of premarital sex, and honest-to-God believe that if Gays get married, their own marriage is worthless.

They also believe that Barack Obama isn't American, and has ties to Al Qaida.  No shit.
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

You know, I find the concept that Tucson is actually the nicest place in Arizona completely terrifying.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 18, 2010, 05:07:15 PM
You know, I find the concept that Tucson is actually the nicest place in Arizona completely terrifying.

Tucson is a terrible place too, but for other reasons. 
Molon Lube

Requia ☣

I know its terrible, I have been paying attention.

It still seems nicer than how you describe the rest of Arizona though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 18, 2010, 05:41:38 PM
I know its terrible, I have been paying attention.

It still seems nicer than how you describe the rest of Arizona though.

That's because Tucson - for all its faults - has a soul.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia ☣ on April 18, 2010, 05:07:15 PM

Have you ever been to Phoenix? It is outright terrifying. Pants-wettingly awful. Phoenix features the relentless odor of urine, the grim grayness of an Orwell novel, and the most depressing suburbs imaginable, with tiny, cubicle-like houses roofed in corrugated aluminum or, sometimes, fiberglass, surrounded by yards of bare gray dirt in which nothing can grow. It would be reminiscent of a trailer park with a dirt circle made by a neglected, anxious pit bull chained to a tree, except they don't have any trees, or anything else that's alive. Until I had my first exposure to Phoenix, around 1994, I had absolutely no idea that a place that terrible existed in the United States. Now that I've seen Phoenix, I no longer believe in the first-world status of the United States. All this surrounds a downtown area that is exactly like a downtown area from a architect's sketch, with every bit as much interest and feeling as every mall ever built. They might as well pump the aroma of Cinnabon into downtown Phoenix; it would give it more soul.

And then there's Tempe. I am convinced that there is actually only four square blocks of Tempe, and when you get to one end you're right back where you started from due to some convolution in the space-time continuum. Living there is a hell of repeating those same four blocks over and over again; the Motel 6 where my son was conceived, the 76 station on the corner, the condos, the K-Mart.

I went golfing once, in Tempe. Tempe is a place that makes golfing sound like a great time. Tempe is a place that makes you want to drive into Phoenix for something to do.