News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

This is a little spooky

Started by AFK, April 26, 2010, 02:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Apparently "armed in terror of the public" is basically a misdemeanor that you can get popped for if you're openly carrying a weapon and people feel menaced.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Sigmatic on April 26, 2010, 11:16:39 PM
Apparently "armed in terror of the public" is basically a misdemeanor that you can get popped for if you're openly carrying a weapon and people feel menaced.

brandishing a weapon is already a crime.
why do they need to reinvent it and stick the word 'terror' on it?

the article didn't say that he was openly carrying his pistol, though.
it also didn't say that any of the stuff on his car was verboten.  unless he had some insignia or the words 'police' on his car, then i don't think he can be charged with impersonating a police officer.  (although i believe most states have a law against using blue flashing lights on your car.)
police scanners are legal most places.
antennae are hardly menacing.
from the article, i get the impression that he didn't do anything explicitly wrong, but when taken all together, it was very suspicious....

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2010, 11:28:19 PM

the article didn't say that he was openly carrying his pistol, though.
it also didn't say that any of the stuff on his car was verboten.  unless he had some insignia or the words 'police' on his car, then i don't think he can be charged with impersonating a police officer.  (although i believe most states have a law against using blue flashing lights on your car.)
police scanners are legal most places.
antennae are hardly menacing.
from the article, i get the impression that he didn't do anything explicitly wrong, but when taken all together, it was very suspicious....

A rare case of top down causation?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iptuous on April 26, 2010, 11:28:19 PM

You're so 20th century, Ippie.
Molon Lube