Evidence found that french bread was spiked with LSD by CIA

Started by Da6s, March 11, 2010, 07:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7415082/French-bread-spiked-with-LSD-in-CIA-experiment.html

QuoteIn 1951, a quiet, picturesque village in southern France was suddenly and mysteriously struck down with mass insanity and hallucinations. At least five people died, dozens were interned in asylums and hundreds afflicted.
For decades it was assumed that the local bread had been unwittingly poisoned with a psychedelic mould. Now, however, an American investigative journalist has uncovered evidence suggesting the CIA peppered local food with the hallucinogenic drug LSD as part of a mind control experiment at the height of the Cold War.
The mystery of Le Pain Maudit (Cursed Bread) still haunts the inhabitants of Pont-Saint-Esprit, in the Gard, southeast France.
On August 16, 1951, the inhabitants were suddenly racked with frightful hallucinations of terrifying beasts and fire.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am not even slightly surprised. They pulled the same number on some small towns in the US... and then there were their eugenics experiments.

The CIA is far from a benevolent deity. My dad's on their payroll... 'nuff said.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'm not surprised because, quite frankly, the list of things the CIA didn't spike with LSD is far lower than the number of things they did.  They went around dosing other CIA agents at random, its not like they're going to have much in the way of qualms about doing it to anyone else.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Ehhh, gonna call bullshit. I'm still inclined to believe that this was ergot poisoning. Not that I think the CIA wouldn't do something like this back in those days, but ergot poisoning seems more likely.

Also, anything from the Telegraph makes me inherently suspicious.

Cain

The Telegraph is pretty shit, its true.  Check out their blog section for a laugh, if you haven't already.  Its like a trolling Mecca, in the comments.

Xooxe

Back in 2008 I found a blog post from 2007 quoting The Telegraph about emergency talks between banks. I followed the link but it was dead. After typing in the name of the article, I found - practically intact - the same article applied to current events, and that was around the time of the crash. It's fucking silly what gets recycled.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 11, 2010, 09:02:00 PM
The Telegraph is pretty shit, its true.  Check out their blog section for a laugh, if you haven't already.  Its like a trolling Mecca, in the comments.

It's flying in Capitol Grilling, though.  So this is in the win column, as far as I am concerned.
Molon Lube