News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 07, 2012, 04:07:08 PM
Check your distances.  One does not simple "pop into" TRONE.

True.

I should be able to spend 5 days at each location without getting kicked out of America (longer than that means overstaying Visa which is NOT an awesome idea.) But I'm assuming there shouldn't be any distance that needs over a day travel.

The biggest jump is between Austin and Tuscon. Unless Austin falls through in which case it's (gulp) New Orleans to Tuscon.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

There's a bit of culture shock for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 07, 2012, 04:23:03 PM

True.

I should be able to spend 5 days at each location without getting kicked out of America (longer than that means overstaying Visa which is NOT an awesome idea.) But I'm assuming there shouldn't be any distance that needs over a day travel.

The biggest jump is between Austin and Tuscon. Unless Austin falls through in which case it's (gulp) New Orleans to Tuscon.

Which means you go through Houston's airport.  If that happens, let me know in advance, and I can offer you some potentially life-saving advice.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

Oh, thank you.

I'm mostly looking at bus options, but at this stage, all possibilities stand.

And life saving advice is, naturally, always appreciated.

AFK

True, I'm pretty sure Lepage has outlawed "popping into" anything.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 07, 2012, 04:37:30 PM
Oh, thank you.

BUS?   :eek:

AND HE WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN!   :cry:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Placid Dingo

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2012, 04:38:15 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 07, 2012, 04:37:30 PM
Oh, thank you.

BUS?   :eek:

AND HE WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN!   :cry:

Alternate busses and planes?

I'm trying to balance not going broke with not being skinned and left to be eaten by coyotes.

Juana

Don't fly into Fresno, if you're going to drop by. The airport here is fucking expensive.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Placid Dingo

Did a bit of an interview with Dr Jon. meeting two more Brisbane Discordians today.

Placid Dingo

Met with a chaote involved in Anarchist politics and Billboard Liberation Front.

And a chilled out Taoist dude.  Subject 4 today.

Placid Dingo

Met two IT Discordians. They asked about the progress of Lollercaust, and one of them told me he had copies of Intermittens that he kept in his bathroom. We discussed what fundamentalist discordianism would look like, the relationship between subgenius and discordian philosophy and why Discordia is like a seat full of bees.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 26, 2012, 12:18:44 AM
We discussed what fundamentalist discordianism would look like,

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON, AND NEITHER DO YOU!"

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 26, 2012, 12:18:44 AM
the relationship between subgenius and discordian philosophy

The essential message of both is "think for yourself, and get some cheap laughs".

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 26, 2012, 12:18:44 AMand why Discordia is like a seat full of bees.

People that think for themselves - especially in an age of bad signal - are going to argue about EVERYTHING.  That is something that people have to accept if they want anything more advanced than cookies & pie.

Just curious:  How close was I to what you guys came up with?

AFK

What are IT Discordians?  Discordians who like to play tag?  Discordians who work for Best Buy? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 26, 2012, 01:51:32 AM
What are IT Discordians?  Discordians who like to play tag?  Discordians who work for Best Buy?

Placid Dingo

I cant see that image.

IT as in information technology.

The pair i spoke to had (surprise!) Differing views on Subgenii vs Discordia. The Subgenii present told me he was Subgenius when angry, but Discordian when he calmed down.

Seat of bees was to do with an actual seat of bees they saw that morning, and was to do with embracing intellegent rational responses to the world around you rather than being scared; embrace the unanticipated through laughter, not fear.