News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

EDIT: I DON'T KNOW CHILI FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND.

Started by Freeky, May 31, 2013, 03:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

I have never known anyone to be on either side of this weird bean/no bean debate.  I personally don't like beans, and I have to mush them into a paste if it's in chili if I want to eat.

Also, I don't know who's going to be judging.  People get to pay $4 and they're judges.  Also, gamers.

The quinoa thing made me lol.

Don Coyote

Chili without beans in an unholy abomination, and you should be feel terrible for not liking that most holy of foods. :argh!:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2013, 11:16:28 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on May 31, 2013, 10:16:10 PM
No pineapples, though. Ever. I will choke someone to death with a whisk if I ever see pineapples in chili again.

I just have no words....who is responsible for this atrocity?

A Tex-Mex/Chinese buffet restaurant in El Paso, Texas. It's hands-down the worst food I've ever eaten and I've had the good fortune to have been forced to eat there twice, on occasions years apart from each other.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: six to the quixotic on June 01, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
Chili without beans in an unholy abomination, and you should be feel terrible for not liking that most holy of foods. :argh!:

If I were to get all purist about glorified meat slop, I'd point out that it doesn't have beans.

I like them in mine, depending on the chili. Totally OK in chili colorado. Beans in my chili verde, though? I will kick you BEHIND the cock.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Although I myself usually enjoy more traditional chilis, I have trouble with the idea that something that's basically glorified meat slop is something to get all purist about.

No pineapples, though. Ever. I will choke someone to death with a whisk if I ever see pineapples in chili again.

Pineapples in chili?

Who would DO that? Why?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 01, 2013, 11:41:52 AM

A Tex-Mex/Chinese buffet restaurant in El Paso, Texas. It's hands-down the worst food I've ever eaten and I've had the good fortune to have been forced to eat there twice, on occasions years apart from each other.

Ummmmm

NONE of those words are OK together.

Freeky

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 01, 2013, 06:12:22 PM
Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 01, 2013, 11:41:52 AM

Ummmmm

NONE of those words are OK together.

No.  No they are not.

Freeky

Quote from: Balls Wellington on June 01, 2013, 11:44:32 AM

If I were to get all purist about glorified meat slop, I'd point out that it doesn't have beans.

I like them in mine, depending on the chili. Totally OK in chili colorado. Beans in my chili verde, though? I will kick you BEHIND the cock.

:lulz:  A winning argument if I ever heard one.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on May 31, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

I just have no words....who is responsible for this atrocity?

This.

It's meat slop, not some avante-garde epicurian production. The lore is that the best chili is made from jackrabbit or a young spike buck. IOW, it was probably developed as a method of making lean, but funky and gamey meat more palatable with seasonings. Chili powder. Comino. Onions. Peppers. I'm told tomatoes aren't even traditional.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 01, 2013, 06:10:09 PM
Although I myself usually enjoy more traditional chilis, I have trouble with the idea that something that's basically glorified meat slop is something to get all purist about.

Pineapples in chili?

Who would DO that? Why?

I am now going to do this.

LMNO

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 01, 2013, 06:36:47 PM

I just snarfed my beet vodka cocktail.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 01, 2013, 09:03:02 PM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on June 01, 2013, 06:36:47 PM

I just snarfed my beet vodka cocktail.

?

LMNO

How the hell do you know about Thundercats?