News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

BIP needs more threads about bullshit superstitions.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 20, 2007, 08:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2007, 10:07:30 AM
if this stuff is irrelevant to the BIP, then why does it keep popping up its head every time we discuss the more metaphysical side of things?

just FYI, metaphysics = philosophy, not magic.

But who is talking about metaphysics?  :lol:

Half the fucking conversations are about divination, etc.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on February 21, 2007, 01:21:30 PM
everybodys panties get in a bunch when they see the word occult

Well, either that, or they're laughing at you.  One or the other.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2007, 02:24:20 PMHalf the fucking conversations are about divination, etc.

oh.

i must have missed that half where people were talking about prediction the future, then.

because that wasn't what i was talking about. nor anybody else, as far as i've seen.

just because some of the topics discussed here might be used for divinating stuff, doesn't mean that's the only use. and i think we have been quite explicitly NOT discussing these topics as a means of divination.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LHX

divination: the world is ending

isnt that mystickqal mahdgickqual?
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: triple zero on February 21, 2007, 02:47:36 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2007, 02:24:20 PMHalf the fucking conversations are about divination, etc.

oh.

i must have missed that half where people were talking about prediction the future, then.

because that wasn't what i was talking about. nor anybody else, as far as i've seen.

just because some of the topics discussed here might be used for divinating stuff, doesn't mean that's the only use. and i think we have been quite explicitly NOT discussing these topics as a means of divination.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11631.0

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2007, 02:50:25 PMhttp://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11631.0

and these are "divinations" how?

what i see is a pictorial representation about the stuff we've been saying with words already for some time.

also:

Quote from: LMNOOn the matter of "occult" knowledge: It would seem to me that this would merely be another way to shape your cell

are you sure it's not just simply the word "occult" that is what you have a problem with?

because as--I think it was LMNO--said, we could have just as well worded the same content into another framework, one that is supported by the sciences, would that have provoked the same strong reaction from you?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.