News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

So THATS what's happening...

Started by Kai, July 16, 2010, 10:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Iason Ouabache

Yep. I posted this about a year ago in one of the other subforums. Since about the 2006 elections the Republicans have been pushing themselves further right to try to gain more power. Unfortunately for them they have thrown off all of the sane moderates and quite a few of the sane conservatives. All they have left are the tea partiers and the Christofascists.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BabylonHoruv

Unfortunately for the rest of us too.  Because it means when the Democrats act like the corporate shills that they are more Tea Partiers and Christofascists get elected.  And, because as complete whackjobs they pose less of a threat to the Dems the Dems see less reason to not act like complete corporate wanks.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

This is the first time I've encountered the word "Christofascist" and I love it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cain

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 16, 2010, 11:21:53 PM
Unfortunately for the rest of us too.  Because it means when the Democrats act like the corporate shills that they are more Tea Partiers and Christofascists get elected.  And, because as complete whackjobs they pose less of a threat to the Dems the Dems see less reason to not act like complete corporate wanks.

Exactly this.

I mean, the unhinging of the conservatives in the 90s was hilarious, in a sort of "fail Brownshirt" kind of way, but then those guys took power, and started wars, torture, imprisonment without trial and assassination, all of which has now been institutionalized.  So, you know...what're they gonna do when the Dems eventually get voted out for being corporate shills, and they hold the reins of power again?