News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

So uh...

Anyone else tracking Roger's descent into supervillainy?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 14, 2015, 01:57:59 AM
So uh...

It's better than the regular kind of villain, really.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 14, 2015, 01:57:59 AM
So uh...

Yeah. But not in this puny reality. In the Origins write up I found the framework for a whole universe! THAT Doktor Howl is an unintentional super villain. He's wanted for pretty much every crime they got, plus combo bonuses. Problem is he seems inclined to 'requisition' things here in 'the field' and adjusts strategic factors that to us would seem like simple destruction of property and reckless endangerment,

"BUT THOSE NUNS WERE IN THE WAY OF PROGRESS OFFICERS! IF YOU WOULD KINDLY REMAIN WITHIN YOUR JURISDICTION I SHALL NOT NEED TO REPORT THIS TO THE GENERAL!!"
*a moment's hesitation as though listening, eyes behind smoked glass* Ah well yes then.
GOOD DAY!
*a certain patronizing, reserved for the dumb kids, tone to this last*

This shouted to a mall security camera as a GAP for kids burns with a certain professional intensity in the background. The remains of the display dummies casting eerie shadows in the middle ground behind him.

He really is not quite well.

The whole place, this universe, is like a video game that has no 'fourth wall' and is mostly rendered polygons except for the 2D Richterized combat and combat accessories. More as I can get it out.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Addendum to the above. It was night. The mall was closed. And the security guard on duty far too catatonic to get reliable reporting out of. Just kept saying.. "I never left the room, but he still heard me." To himself and eventually slipped away totally.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 13, 2015, 08:27:44 PM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 02:45:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 02:25:51 PM
I posted this last night but I don't think anyone noticed it. My school is running a "FEARLESS" ad campaign and they are soliciting selfies from students. Anonymously. Needless to say, this has opened the door for a barrel of lulz. http://fearlesspsu.com/gallery?sort=recent&i=773

Some of those are priceless. I think the taxidermied bat is my favorite.

ahem:

My classmates were very excited by some of the new additions. :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 13, 2015, 09:48:00 PM
SOOOOO...I have been running tests on the mill, changing one set of conditions each time, looking for which condition will change the mill's behavior.  I stated that this will take a couple of days, and that right now, we're trying to locate the problem, not make futile efforts to run product.

I am on test 3 - 3 out of 20 conditions - and Lillie is saying "Your way isn't working". 

:lulz:

I know that.  I AM NOT TRYING TO RUN PRODUCT YET. 

I assume that what she wants is for me to shake a chicken's foot, throw some sand, and magically fix the problem.

WHY ARE YOU SYSTEMATICALLY TRYING TO FIND THE PROBLEM USING SCIENCE?

THRESHOLD THE MATRICES, WIZARD!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2015, 03:42:15 AM
SOOOOO...I have been running tests on the mill, changing one set of conditions each time, looking for which condition will change the mill's behavior.  I stated that this will take a couple of days, and that right now, we're trying to locate the problem, not make futile efforts to run product.

I am on test 3 - 3 out of 20 conditions - and Lillie is saying "Your way isn't working". 

I assume that what she wants is for me to shake a chicken's foot, throw some sand, and magically fix the problem.

To Lillie, all problems are easy, because anything she hasn't bothered to learn must be easy.

It's just that we're awfully lazy.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I was going through my neuroimaging slides for this course and then I got to this one.

What does it mean? The little question mark perfectly represents my inner condition upon viewing this slide.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One of the tender young boys from my psychopharmacology class is wooing me, bigtime. Kind of out of the blue.

He's WAAAAAAAY too young for me, but it's adorable. :lol:

axod

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2015, 03:49:15 AM
I was going through my neuroimaging slides for this course and then I got to this one.

What does it mean? The little question mark perfectly represents my inner condition upon viewing this slide.

I think they mean that the "metrics" may be easier to calculate when the contrast is higher, as in the second picture.  Less shades of grey?
just this

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: axod on March 14, 2015, 05:57:17 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2015, 03:49:15 AM

I think they mean that the "metrics" may be easier to calculate when the contrast is higher, as in the second picture.  Less shades of grey?

I wasn't literally asking what it means. After laughing my ass off for 20 minutes I remembered what it means (that's not it).

I just love everything about this slide.

I also have to point out that it is a TERRIBLE teaching slide. Comically bad.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 14, 2015, 03:48:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2015, 03:42:15 AM

To Lillie, all problems are easy, because anything she hasn't bothered to learn must be easy.

It's just that we're awfully lazy.

I'm sure there's a name for what's wrong with her.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 02:26:44 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on March 13, 2015, 02:12:25 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 01:32:45 PM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 05:20:10 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 04:45:36 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 04:13:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 03:25:34 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 03:00:48 AM
Heh. Either someone reported me on Facebook or Facebook is cracking down on weird names.

I'm guessing someone reported you, because what's a weird name? Really?

Well, Bearman had to switch today, and someone else mentioned that their neighbor switched today as well. I dunno, does Caoimhin sound like a real name to you?

Depends on whether Facebook is screening real names for "American-ness".

And that's why I figured either/or. I'm annoyed either way. I've used my Irish language name for so long that it's legitimately become a part of my sense of self. And not even out of a sense of "this is Irish me" but that's what I've gone by. Seeing my name in English feels weird in that context.

I'm going to go with no, Facebook is not screening names for "American-ness" because that would get them in a raft of trouble for blatant bigotry. Someone reported you.
Facebook is not blatantly bigoted? since when?!

Maybe you can fill me in on their blatant bigotry, as it seems to have escaped my radar.
They are bigoted against boobs at least, i remember a breastfeeding issue a while ago.
Reading up on that: they say they only ban pictures that have been reported by users. So maybe the users are bigoted?
I don't know and don't really care about facebook that much. I retract my allegation for the reason that it was built on shaky grounds and I can't be bothered to defend it properly.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

I would like to state the conclusion of the above post is a core reason why I love PD.