News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

The Nauseatingly Disgusting Discordian Lovefest

Started by Phox, November 14, 2010, 04:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2010, 06:44:33 AM
Roger- You ultimately inspired my hippie ass thread that spawned this one. I'm actually praying for you.

FFS!  Don't do that shit.  You never know what might be listening.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rev. Dr. Narot

The lovefest, it causes me worry for the future.

:ruby:
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 15, 2010, 03:41:52 PM
MOAR

I WANT MORE COMPLIMENTS

GIMME

Send me $29.95 plus processing and handling and I'll give you some compliments.

RWHN,
Specializing in uncomplimentary compliments. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Ok, I can groove with this theme too...

LMNO: You were the first poster here who was unconditionally nice to me, and then was a dick to me for no reason within the same week, in this way was I schooled in the ways of PD.com.  Besides that, you are fantastically smart, know much more about Quantum theory than a layman has any reason to, likes pervy shit like me, and is interested in Kabala even if you don't believe in it wholeheartedly... also like me.  I still cherish that Inky Pinky Ponky thing you wrote for me on the fly, though you probably don't even remember it.  Also, it looks like you are a hell of a cook.

CAIN: You are frighteningly smart, you think seriously about how Discordianism is, or could be, connected to the historical Eris, and you have a low tolerance for bullshit, all aspects I deeply respect.  Also, your sense of humour is devlish and subtle, a wicked combination.

ROGER:  You have a plethora of admirable qualities, but what I respect most about you is your passion.  People today seem to thrive on being jaded and too cool for everything, and passion is what I love most in anyone, and you have enough to stock a medium sized city.  Despite this, or perhaps because of this, when your passion overrides logic and things go too far too fast, you are always willing to admit when you were wrong, and apologize for it.  More than that, you are more than willing to bury the hatchet with people you flat-out despised before, case in point: me and Daruko.  Also, you place two spaces after a full stop period, which not enough people do online.

ECH:  You are tough as nails, and yet can be as gentle as a kitten.  From what I can tell that is, we have still not had the pleasure of meeting IRL.  I love that you are never willing to be satisfied with a status quo on this site, even if the changes seem to rattle the natives, or possibly even BECAUSE the changes rattle the natives.  A lot of Discordians like to believe they are not neophobes, but these changes have proven that quite a few still love to live in the "safety of the same". Your writing has brought me to tears on a handful of occasions, not an easy feat.  Also, it looks like you are a hell of a cook.

NIGEL:  What I would write about you would be remarkably similar to what I wrote about Roger, which is perhaps a good reason why you both got along so well.  Your passion for the bizarre is unequaled, and you are one of the few people I enjoy reading about in my Facebook newsfeed.

MANGROVE:  Your knowledge on the esoteric is unequaled on this site, in my opinion... but beyond the vast knowledge you hold within your mind you are also wickedly funny.  Those two qualities are often mutually exclusive, but you wear both well.  I wish you posted more.

FRED:  You are Fred, there is nothing more to say.

NET:  Your graphic designs skills are amazing, actually amazing is not a good enough word.  The designs I have seen over the years on this site have been breath-taking, which is probably the main reason I gave you such a hard time over the fonts.  I'm not proud of my jealousy issues, but I will admit them.  You work is amazing.  Beyond that, and this may sound fake or ridiculous, but I greatly admire that you rebuffed me the two times I attempted to apologize to you... not because I'm so fantastic that it would take a great man to rebuff my apology... far from it, but I was over the line -waaaay over the line- both times, and sometimes apologies just are not good enough. actions have consequences. You have helped me learn that, and I appreciate that.

CRAM:  You basically are discordianism, to me.  You seem always to be bending your mind toward how we can use anything that pops up, and we need more like you.  Lots more like you.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 15, 2010, 04:04:41 PM
 Also, you place two spaces after a full stop period, which not enough people do online.

It's that damned Canadian education.  I'm still not right.

Phox

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 15, 2010, 03:41:52 PM
MOAR

I WANT MORE COMPLIMENTS

GIMME

Trip - I always enjoy when you post something in a tech thread, even if I rarely actually get it, I feel smarter for having read it.

Epimetheus

I LIKE EVERYONE!

YOU LIKE THAT, ASSHOLES? HUH?!?!

my first impressions were cramulus' friendliness and roger's sickness wisdom.

and everyone else is a-ok in my book.

DEAL WITH IT.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Cram, Roger and LMNO-

You guys are awesome. No details. You're just awesome (See next line).

Also my thread is closed for business for the time being. Suddenly, I don't feel like giving out compliments. Post in there if you want, but just know that you have to just take the number and wait.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sir Squid Diddimus

I just crapped a big greasy mess on my fucking couch.
Thanks Spags.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Cramulus on November 15, 2010, 02:26:59 PM

uhm, I like you guys. If I had to pick two Discordians to give awards to right now it would be

DIMO and ROARING BISCUIT

dimo because you're living electric

and Biscuit for the musings of a faceless man, probably my favorite piece of Discordiana published in 2009

As much as I appreciate the sentiment...
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

All right, you assholes.

I just found this thread, and some of you said nice things to me. To this, I can only say; quit it.

ECH, you are a TOTAL dick, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

All right fuckers, I kind of love you. But whatever; let's just pretend this never happened, shall we? It'll be like that one time we went camping and got drunk and accidentally did the no-no dance, and didn't tell anyone or ever acknowledge it again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 16, 2010, 06:21:56 AM
Also my thread is closed for business for the time being. Suddenly, I don't feel like giving out compliments. Post in there if you want, but just know that you have to just take the number and wait.

NO

GRRRRRRR

I DEMAND MOAR COMPLIMENTS

GIVE ME NOW

THIS THREAD IS NOT OVER!!! :argh!:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.