News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

The Science Fiction Rant

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 31, 2011, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

District 9 was

FUCKED.

UP.

But I loved it because of the battle scene. Also it isn't that ambiguous of an ending, it's pretty obvious what happened to him.
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North Endâ„¢

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

President Television

Quote from: Sister Fracture on February 06, 2011, 12:59:25 AM
District 9 was

FUCKED.

UP.

But I loved it because of the battle scene. Also it isn't that ambiguous of an ending, it's pretty obvious what happened to him.

There are people who think the ending was ambiguous?  :?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

I thought District 9 was great....I just wonder how they're going to handle the sequels.  There is a lot of potential for the original theme of the first movie to be undercut if, say, an alien fleet shows up in force and asks the SA Government "WTF are you doing to our people?"

Xooxe

The last science fiction film that I saw and loved was Timecrimes. A guy ends up traveling one hour into the past and is morally flexible about getting his other self into the time machine so that he can return to his life. The plot is fairly easy to follow because it's about self deception more than logical paradoxes.

Watch it before the remake is released.  :argh!:

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 01, 2011, 01:35:33 PMThe Diamond Age,
Philip K Dick, Ubik

Thanks. I'm getting these two.