News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

INTERMITTENS 8: Self Reliance

Started by Shai Hulud, January 11, 2010, 10:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shai Hulud

I'm taking it upon myself to spearhead another INTERMITTENS.  I believe there is some pretender out there who is also claiming to be working on an Intermittens 8, but I'll believe that when I see it;)  But we can call this one Ocho or something to distinguish it.  The theme for this one is "Self Reliance," however you want to interpret that, be it survivalism, fallout shelters, drinking your own pee, criticism of groupthink, whatever.  I'm not going to be putting my own comics in this, but I'll be happy to provide an illustration or two if anybody needs one for a story.

Here's a few things I'd like if anybody wants to volunteer them:
Stories and lots of them
Nonfiction
Comics
Fake Ads
Cover art (If there are multiple submission I'll put it to a group vote)

As usual, it will be totally public domain and nonprofit.  I'm planning to release it as a pdf.  Anyone interested?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 11, 2010, 10:12:06 PM
I'm taking it upon myself to spearhead another INTERMITTENS.  I believe there is some pretender out there who is also claiming to be working on an Intermittens 8, but I'll believe that when I see it;)  But we can call this one Ocho or something to distinguish it.  The theme for this one is "Self Reliance," however you want to interpret that, be it survivalism, fallout shelters, drinking your own pee, criticism of groupthink, whatever.  I'm not going to be putting my own comics in this, but I'll be happy to provide an illustration or two if anybody needs one for a story.

Here's a few things I'd like if anybody wants to volunteer them:
Stories and lots of them
Fake Ads
Cover art (If there are multiple submission I'll put it to a group vote)

As usual, it will be totally public domain and nonprofit.  I'm planning to release it as a pdf.  Anyone interested?

If you'd like to have your request added to intermittens.org shoot me a PM with the content... alternatively, I can give you an account there to post it yourself :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Shai Hulud

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on January 11, 2010, 10:13:44 PM
If you'd like to have your request added to intermittens.org shoot me a PM with the content... alternatively, I can give you an account there to post it yourself :)

Great!  Thanks Doc.  I'm good with whatever is easier for you, I think I already have an account on one of the intermittens sites but I don't really know the proper channels.  I'll keep you updated when I start getting some content.

Cramulus

oh cool! I've been itching for another Intermittens.

stuff which you could use.... hmm.... off the top of my head:

Richter wrote some articles ("CRAZY PREPARED") which sound right up this issue's alley-hole
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/category/crazy-prepared/  - I think a lot of that originated ITT.

And I'm sure we'll see some 'jangles in there, no?  :D

if you're hunting for source material, a good place to sniff is the BEST OF PD thread, and the Insightful Post Dump.

For a while, people were dumping original art into the Kopyleft / Creative Commons Art thread for use in Intermittens. So you can grab anything in there too.

Let me know if you need any help! I'll be happy to assist with supplying text, layout, or graphics.

Elder Iptuous

nice.
i support this notion, and will try to contribute something.

hooplala

Hmm, I wonder if I have anything that fits?  I will take a look.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmm. I don't know if I have anything for this. I'll think.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 12, 2010, 09:26:55 PM

Write about your chickens.
aren't you quite the gardener?
wait. you were being sarcastic weren't you?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on January 12, 2010, 09:38:04 PM

Write about your chickens.
aren't you quite the gardener?
wait. you were being sarcastic weren't you?

No, I really wasn't.

I mean, I could upload a pic of my apocalypse shopping list.

I do all these things, but I don't write about them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Write about canning or something.

Wait no... write a slightly creepy piece from the delusional mind of a woman who does all these survivally things because it's the only thing that brings her joy anymore. A monomanic for canning and stocking up on liquor and bullets.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on January 13, 2010, 12:19:11 AM
Write about canning or something.

Wait no... write a slightly creepy piece from the delusional mind of a woman who does all these survivally things because it's the only thing that brings her joy anymore. A monomanic for canning and stocking up on liquor and bullets.

I like this idea partially because it's true.  :lulz:

Jasper

This is sounding like an Intermittens worth getting printed.

Shai Hulud

Glad to see such a good respons, everybody!

Quote from: Cramulus on January 12, 2010, 02:12:44 PM
Let me know if you need any help! I'll be happy to assist with supplying text, layout, or graphics.

Thanks man!  I will be pillaging those threads like a drunk viking, they have some great stuff. Just started reading the illustration thread, never realized Hoopla was an artist, and such a good one!  Also, thanks much for offering to help, I'll definitely be taking you up on.  I'll message you once the content starts rolling in.

Quote from: Iptuous on January 12, 2010, 02:30:33 PM
nice.
i support this notion, and will try to contribute something.

Excellent, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote from: Felix on January 13, 2010, 03:22:49 AM
This is sounding like an Intermittens worth getting printed.

Thanks:)  I have to give credit to ECH for inspiring the theme.  I really enjoy the collaborative nature of these projects, seems like its shaping up to be some fun.

Great, I hope you do come up with something, I'm a fan of your creepy fiction.

Quote from: Cramulus on January 12, 2010, 02:12:44 PM
And I'm sure we'll see some 'jangles in there, no?  :D

Well, I might slip the odd skeleton in there:)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 13, 2010, 05:08:34 AM
Great, I hope you do come up with something, I'm a fan of your creepy fiction.

:thanks:

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman