News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

INTERMITTENS 8: Self Reliance

Started by Shai Hulud, January 11, 2010, 10:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

I have a few stuff laying around. Just need to translate them.

Shai Hulud

Quote from: DALEKK on January 13, 2010, 07:51:14 PM

Sounds awesome.  What is the original language?

the last yatto

yeah i guess i took too long and forfeited crazy prepared
maybe i might actually write something now that i dont have to edit
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Chief Uwachiquen

If you need any help with anything let me know, I'm down. I really like the theme of this issue.

Richter

I like it!  I'm in for whatever.

Quote from: Yatto on January 14, 2010, 08:20:52 AM

There will still be plenty of such material for future issues.  Intermitts wise I'll put in wherever my stuff is wanted or relevant.  There's no real reserving of forfeiting of a whole series.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'll see what I can do about whipping up some fake ads. I'll take a look at my dad's old survivalist magazines for inspiration.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Shai Hulud

Quote from: Richter on January 14, 2010, 02:33:07 PM
I like it!  I'm in for whatever.
Thanks Richter, I'll be msging you about using those articles.

Quote from: Yatto on January 14, 2010, 08:20:52 AM

I agree with Richter, no reason to consider yours forfeited.  But if you'd like to contribute to this one you're more than welcome, just let me know.

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 03:54:26 PM
I'll take a look at my dad's old survivalist magazines for inspiration.
I love the sound of that.  Muchas gracias Enki.

Ratssinis

I could write up a authentic looking government 'in the event the shit hits the fan' article/graphic I'm not sure at this point. Its just an idea here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a story in my head, but it is waiting for some quiet time to actually write it. It might not be for a while, because now that I have an assistant my days are largely occupied with actually working, and evenings with kids and friends, who all seem to be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder or something because they're all depressed. Not the kids, the friends.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dalek

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 14, 2010, 04:06:00 AM
Quote from: DALEKK on January 13, 2010, 07:51:14 PM

Sounds awesome.  What is the original language?

It's in bulgarian.

Shai Hulud

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 15, 2010, 01:52:44 AM
I have a story in my head, but it is waiting for some quiet time to actually write it.

No problem, I want to try to get this issue out by sometime in early February, so there's still plenty of time.

Quote from: DALEKK on January 15, 2010, 07:29:50 AM
It's in bulgarian.

Aha, so that's what the .bg in e-mail means!  I can't wait to see the translation, let me know how it goes.

Also, I did a mock-up of a potential cover for this issue, what does everybody think?

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 15, 2010, 06:14:34 PM
I have a story in my head, but it is waiting for some quiet time to actually write it.

No problem, I want to try to get this issue out by sometime in early February, so there's still plenty of time.

It's in bulgarian.

Aha, so that's what the .bg in e-mail means!  I can't wait to see the translation, let me know how it goes.

Also, I did a mock-up of a potential cover for this issue, what does everybody think?

A little more spacing around the title would be good, but then you'd have to shrink the font a little, or at least put the title diagonally.  Tricky... But I do like the "Wait, is that a dismembered head in the corner?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Guy Incognito on January 15, 2010, 06:14:34 PM

It's in bulgarian.

Aha, so that's what the .bg in e-mail means!  I can't wait to see the translation, let me know how it goes.

I like it a lot! I agree with GA, a little more space around the title.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

I loved the juxtaposition of Nigel's post

I have a story in my head, but it is waiting for some quiet time to actually write it [...]

with the cover pic - what is it BTW?
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber