News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

INTERMITTENS 8: Self Reliance

Started by Shai Hulud, January 11, 2010, 10:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shai Hulud

Well, Intermittens 8: Self Reliance is finally finished.  Thanks to everybody who contributed! 

the last yatto

comics were too small, well two of them where
laser article seemed like filler but good

rest nothing but :mittens:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

:mittens:!

here's a copy hosted on scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/26819711/Intermittens-vol-8-Self-Reliance

Guy, would you like to post a notice on 23ae? or should I?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shai Hulud

Thanks a lot everybody, glad you all like it!  Stoat, I agree, Hoopla did a great job with the Fool illustration, I just had to get that in there someplace.  And good idea Cramulus, I went ahead and posted that link on 23AE just now. 

Jenne

Shai Hulud

Thanks Jenne, I'm glad you liked it!

After some time to reflect, there are some mistakes and things I would have done differently, but I'm generally pleased with how this one turned out.

So who's doing the next one?

Placid Dingo

I know there's probably some unspoken rule about suddely appearing like this, but I'd like to do one... but would also like to not commit to a timeframe just now...
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Placid Dingo on February 19, 2010, 01:59:18 PM
I know there's probably some unspoken rule about suddely appearing like this, but I'd like to do one... but would also like to not commit to a timeframe just now...

Choose a theme, start a thread, pick a number. No one will stop you.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Richter

Finally downlaoded and read.   

:mittens:

Well done!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Placid Dingo

OK Cool... issue something or other (we can give a tentative 10, but very very tentative.) Theme will be 'Meet Space' based around the interations of Discordia in the 'real world'.

I'll start getting stuff done in earnest on Sat week, but probably a PM here is the most efficient way to contact me if you have anything in particular that you see fitting in with the themes.

Really enjoyed this one btw. I think the little guy's growing up :)
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Jenne

Quote from: Placid Dingo on February 20, 2010, 01:25:05 PM
OK Cool... issue something or other (we can give a tentative 10, but very very tentative.) Theme will be 'Meet Space' based around the interations of Discordia in the 'real world'.

I'll start getting stuff done in earnest on Sat week, but probably a PM here is the most efficient way to contact me if you have anything in particular that you see fitting in with the themes.

Really enjoyed this one btw. I think the little guy's growing up :)

I think it's really fucking cool you want to be a project director like this!  Kudos!  And your theme is awesome too!

Cramulus

Guy, I thought you might want to know:

Issue 8 was recently added to scribd's "rising" list. I think that means that it got enough hits in a short period of time that they're giving it more exposure. As I understand it, if it gets enough hits in the next week or so, it'll be on the Featured page.

Cainad's issue, issue 5, was featured and got like a thousand downloads in two days. So I've got my fingers crossed for ye.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on February 26, 2010, 06:50:59 PM
Guy, I thought you might want to know:

Issue 8 was recently added to scribd's "rising" list. I think that means that it got enough hits in a short period of time that they're giving it more exposure. As I understand it, if it gets enough hits in the next week or so, it'll be on the Featured page.

Cainad's issue, issue 5, was featured and got like a thousand downloads in two days. So I've got my fingers crossed for ye.

wait really?

woah, my internet handle is semi-famous

And yes, godspeed to getting another Intermittens on the featured list!

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.