News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

WTF, Snowden???

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, July 07, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/06/have-we-all-been-fooled-by-edward-snowden/

QuoteThis new information has me pondering exactly who this guy is: is he the concerned whistle-blower? Or did he have an ulterior motive to spill what he did? His background isn't really CIA or NSA material, so say a few people I've spoken to who actually have worked for a government contractor. So why was he hired? And why did he pick now to speak out? This has never smelled right to me, which is why I have withheld judgement. But these new revelations create even more questions. Is this whole thing a ruse to make the President look bad? If so, who is funding it – who is paying for all his travel and hotels? Or is Edward Snowden, a man who has completely destroyed his own life, just stupid?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Don Coyote

honestly I don't think it's important what his motivations are for leaking this information.

Anna Mae Bollocks

True dat, it needed to come out for whatever reason.

It's just creepy that even THIS is possibly a put-up job.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Vilifying the whistle-blower discredits the validity of the horrible horrible shit they uncover. It's a great tactic. I know more about his pole-dancing hooker girlfriend in Hawaii than I know about what he actually leaked.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on July 07, 2013, 09:24:00 PM
Vilifying the whistle-blower discredits the validity of the horrible horrible shit they uncover. It's a great tactic. I know more about his pole-dancing hooker girlfriend in Hawaii than I know about what he actually leaked.

Yeah, that's what i was thinking.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Salty

As much as I'd love to lay my faith in that turgid reporting style of T-Steelman, that link is just a shitty hatchet job by some sockfucking, basement dwelling toolbag.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Left

Even if that was his opinion back then, opinions change.
*Shrug*
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Alty on July 07, 2013, 11:36:50 PM
As much as I'd love to lay my faith in that turgid reporting style of T-Steelman, that link is just a shitty hatchet job by some sockfucking, basement dwelling toolbag.

HFT?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: /b/earman
Quote from: Alty

HFT?

I think you might be onto something.  :lulz: :lulz:  :lulz:

Junkenstein

Kind of related, main point is that the actions/ thoughts of the individual are not intriniscally linked to any information they reveal.
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/julian-assange-film-interview

Several parallels between Assange/Snowden. Do their personal thought/opinions/lives impact on the information made public? Not really. Is it therefore worth discussing? Not really.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

The "who funded it?" angle was my reason for posting that, not "ZOMG Snowden's an azzhole!"

Junkenstein

I got that, but I think in this instance there are too many potential backers for Anti-Snowden shit of all flavours.

Taking the corporate interests alone, they've got a massive profit incentive to smear anyone who tarnishes their brand. Align government interests with that and you could guess all year and still not name the right culprit.

Also, there's the thing that this kind of shit does not always need any kind of backing. There's plenty of internet detectives now, and just like every other section of humanity, they've got their share of crazy.

Ahem:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/author/t-steelman/

QuoteArticles by: T. Steelman
I am a life-long Liberal who has been writing for as long as I can remember and have always written about injustice: I have been writing online about politics since 2007. I am also a Wiccan High Priestess and have been a Wiccan since I was 15. Consequently, I am a religious freedom activist and write on the topic a lot. I am a fan of Progressive Rock as well as Progressive politics. I live in Western Washington with my husband, daughter, 2 cats and a small herd of alpacas

It continues.

The Prosecution rests.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 08, 2013, 03:12:34 PM
I got that, but I think in this instance there are too many potential backers for Anti-Snowden shit of all flavours.

Taking the corporate interests alone, they've got a massive profit incentive to smear anyone who tarnishes their brand. Align government interests with that and you could guess all year and still not name the right culprit.

Also, there's the thing that this kind of shit does not always need any kind of backing. There's plenty of internet detectives now, and just like every other section of humanity, they've got their share of crazy.

Ahem:

I am a life-long Liberal who has been writing for as long as I can remember and have always written about injustice: I have been writing online about politics since 2007. I am also a Wiccan High Priestess and have been a Wiccan since I was 15. Consequently, I am a religious freedom activist and write on the topic a lot. I am a fan of Progressive Rock as well as Progressive politics. I live in Western Washington with my husband, daughter, 2 cats and a small herd of alpacas

It continues.

The Prosecution rests.

Is there a law that "religious freedom activists" have to be unrelenting douchenozzles? Because at this point it seems a little too much to just be coincidence.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 08, 2013, 12:05:03 PM
Kind of related, main point is that the actions/ thoughts of the individual are not intriniscally linked to any information they reveal.
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/julian-assange-film-interview

Several parallels between Assange/Snowden. Do their personal thought/opinions/lives impact on the information made public? Not really. Is it therefore worth discussing? Not really.

Thinking about this a bit, it's actually increasingly important to keep the deed seperate from the person. By several accounts, Assange isn't a saint, and neither it appears, is Snowden. However the person is tied to the event so any effective attack on one helps discredit the other.

How long before Snowden was called a traitor? I'll be generous and say hours. Criticism of the involved journalists and newspapers would have been same day.  Public opinion forms early and hard. I suspect in the case of Snowden it's not going to get any easier or better. Even if he gains asylum somewhere favourable, I wouldn't be particularly confident in the abilities of my new nation to adequately protect me from as US black bag squad.

Also, yeah, forgot to highlight religious freedom activist, but then again, I really should have bolded the whole thing.

Salty

Junkenstein sez
Ahem:

I am a life-long Liberal who has been writing for as long as I can remember and have always written about injustice: I have been writing online about politics since 2007. I am also a Wiccan High Priestess and have been a Wiccan since I was 15. Consequently, I am a religious freedom activist and write on the topic a lot. I am a fan of Progressive Rock as well as Progressive politics. I live in Western Washington with my husband, daughter, 2 cats and a small herd of alpacas.

The Prosecution rests.

TELL ME WHY THIS THREAD EXISTS!

SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY.

JESUS FUCK

I JUST PUNCHED 15 BABIES IN THE FACE BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS SO TERRIBLE.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.