News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

I don't think Roger knows how bad things COULD be.

Started by East Coast Hustle, October 31, 2015, 02:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

You think Phil Collins is bad?

Because in the context of the times, he was a pretty goddamned reasonable alternative to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35JYMFfEKf4

Because that fucking guy actually existed and was popular.

for shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4qh_9vH1Ww

So when you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night tonight with fever dreams of DLR's pance, I suggest you soothe and calm yourself back into a sleep-capable state with a little of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJ2Vh_e2dQ

No need to thank me, I'm just happy to be of service.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

David Lee Roth is a fucking GOD and you shut your whore mouth.

After all, I can always post Baltimora videos.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

I just happened to see him perform live in Boston back in, like, 2004 or 5. I didn't even mean to, he was just the free late afternoon act in the park before the big Boston Pops concert and fireworks show for the 4th of July. I was getting wasted on a corporate expense account with a bunch of traveling magazine salesmen for the weekend and I was pretty shitfaced but the sight of a presumably not-actually-140-year-old David Lee Roth looking like some heinous spandex-draped demilich crack troll while screeching out Van Halen covers and "Just a Gigolo" with some shamefacedly anonymous backing band scared me most of the way sober before I could push through the seething mass of Massholes enough to get out of hearing distance. It was one of the best weekends of my life, but sure as hell not because of THAT.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 31, 2015, 05:02:07 AM
I just happened to see him perform live in Boston back in, like, 2004 or 5. I didn't even mean to, he was just the free late afternoon act in the park before the big Boston Pops concert and fireworks show for the 4th of July. I was getting wasted on a corporate expense account with a bunch of traveling magazine salesmen for the weekend and I was pretty shitfaced but the sight of a presumably not-actually-140-year-old David Lee Roth looking like some heinous spandex-draped demilich crack troll while screeching out Van Halen covers and "Just a Gigolo" with some shamefacedly anonymous backing band scared me most of the way sober before I could push through the seething mass of Massholes enough to get out of hearing distance. It was one of the best weekends of my life, but sure as hell not because of THAT.

I fail to see why you don't appreciate the magic.  David Lee Roth is all of the trailer park fun America has to offer.  It's that part of America that came THIS CLOSE to glory and then lost both engines and splattered all over the neighborhood, showering gore all over a grateful generation of children.  And he smiled while he burned, which is really hard to do, especially when Sammy Hagar has your old job and has been poured into your spandex like 300 pounds of shit in a 200 pound bag.

His voice was tolerable, his talent was lacking, but he managed to have a good time in the mid-80s.  For that alone, he is a hero.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.