News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The best and only case I can make against flouride is dental fluorosis.

Is Cindy Lake in the pay of Big Dentistry?  It would be irresponsible not to speculate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2012, 10:51:02 PM
The best and only case I can make against flouride is dental fluorosis.

Is Cindy Lake in the pay of Big Dentistry?  It would be irresponsible not to speculate.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

isn't there some evidence that excessive the fluoride may damage the pineal gland and mess up your melatonin production?

it's definitely good for teeth, as i understand it, so i'd keep it, but i recall hearing that the jury's still out on that one effect...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 25, 2012, 12:10:21 AM
isn't there some evidence that excessive the fluoride may damage the pineal gland and mess up your melatonin production?

it's definitely good for teeth, as i understand it, so i'd keep it, but i recall hearing that the jury's still out on that one effect...

Excessive fluoride is poisonous.

So is excessive iron. Iron poisoning is the most common type of poisoning in young children.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's fluoride in most toothpaste.
I mean, yeah, Cindy Lake comes off like an annoying crackpot but there's no sense in drinking it, cooking with it, making ice out of it, bathing in it, etc. etc. year after year.

Spring water doesn't cost that much and it tastes way better than the rusty chlorinated shit that comes out of the tap here.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oregon doesn't fluoridate, and the results are obvious to dentists. They can tell a native Oregonian instantly.

tyrannosaurus vex

also, "spring water" is usually tap water from Texas
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 25, 2012, 01:12:43 AM

So is excessive iron. Iron poisoning is the most common type of poisoning in young children.

really?
what does iron poisoning do?

Cain

It's good for teeth....except it makes attaining the cultural standard of having white teeth very, very difficult.

I know, I look like I have the teeth of someone who chain-smokes and drinks black coffee all day long.  Bleaching is the only option.  Thanks a lot, Obama!

A quick search suggests it does decrease melatonin production, but that can easily be offset with melatonin supplements, so it doesn't seem too bad.

Cain

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 25, 2012, 07:16:36 AM

really?

It's pretty bad, actually.  Stomach pains, followed by nausea, vomiting and then liver failure and death.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2012, 07:30:47 AM

It's good for teeth....except it makes attaining the cultural standard of having white teeth very, very difficult.

I know, I look like I have the teeth of someone who chain-smokes and drinks black coffee all day long.  Bleaching is the only option.  Thanks a lot, Obama!

A quick search suggests it does decrease melatonin production, but that can easily be offset with melatonin supplements, so it doesn't seem too bad.

We need melatonin in the water supply, stat!

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on June 25, 2012, 07:32:31 AM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 25, 2012, 07:16:36 AM

really?

It's pretty bad, actually.  Stomach pains, followed by nausea, vomiting and then liver failure and death.

jesus... i hadn't heard of it at all.
so why is it so prevalent?  i've been under the impression that i need to get as much iron in my kiddos as possible because it's so hard to get leafy greens down their gullets, and they really don't eat much red meat.
is it a dietary issue that they get it from, or something else?

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Elder Iptuous

huh....
iron tablets.
i guess they are chewable flavored iron tablets that kids might mistake for candy?

minuspace

For some reason this concern and angle also stuck with me.  I think it was related to hypothetical endogenous reactions that convert the melatonin to other tryptamines, the absence of which I would miss.