News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Dok....

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, August 15, 2011, 08:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Doktor Howl

QuoteBetween 1929 and 1974, North Carolina sterilized more than 7,600 individuals in the name of "improving" the state's human stock. By the time the program was halted, the majority of those neutered were young, black, poor women — like Riddick.

and

QuoteAfter Thomas Anthony Riddick was delivered on March 5, 1968, Riddick remembers awaking to find her abdomen swathed in bandages.

What she didn't know was that a month and a half earlier, five men sitting around a table across the state in the capital had decided that Riddick's first child should be her last.

LANNNND OF TEH FREEEEEEEEEE!
\
:hitlerbanjo:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad on August 15, 2011, 08:27:37 PM
Oh my god.

The woman's mother - who could not read - was told to sign a form, or their food supplements would be cut off.  The family was already below the sustenance level of calories, according to the same doctor that decided her fate.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

I haven't even finished the article yet....

I wish there was an emoticon for this, but even if there was it would feel kinda crass including it.

Luna

Sometimes I truly detest people.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Nephew Twiddleton

QuoteThe trial ended on Jan. 19, 1983. It took the jury just 45 minutes to render its verdict.

When asked whether Riddick had been "unlawfully or wrongfully deprived of her right to bear children as a proximate result of the actions of any of the defendants," the jury replied, No.

Flaxman took the case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. On Oct. 1, 1984, the high court declined to hear it.

It's amazing that I haven't put my fist through my monitor yet. Finished the article. This last part puts this within my lifespan.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Luna on August 15, 2011, 08:53:13 PM
Sometimes I truly detest people.

I don't even know this woman, or any of the other victims. The only thing that I can describe what I'm feeling right now is "calm rage." I don't even know how that works emotionally.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What (almost) boggles the mind is that the same KINDS of people who support sterilizing the poor also oppose sex education, free birth control, and abortion, all of which could have the same practical effect while expanding people's exercise of free will rather than infringing upon it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on August 15, 2011, 08:57:48 PM
What (almost) boggles the mind is that the same KINDS of people who support sterilizing the poor also oppose sex education, free birth control, and abortion, all of which could have the same practical effect while expanding people's exercise of free will rather than infringing upon it.

Yeah, exactly.

This particular victim was raped, but even still, the rationale was that she was promiscuous based on some rumors and that she wanted to hide the fact that she was raped when she was just 13 fucking years old.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 15, 2011, 08:25:09 PM
I didn't even fucking know this was a thing.

After WWII no less.

http://news.yahoo.com/eugenics-victim-son-fighting-together-justice-143621970.html

Not surprised. http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/articles/pages/6242/Forced-Sterilization-of-Native-Americans.html

"During the late 1960s and the early 1970s, a policy of involuntary surgical sterilization was imposed upon Native American women in the United States, usually without their knowledge or consent, by the federally funded Indian Health Service (IHS), then run by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). It is alleged that the existence of the sterilization program was discovered by members of the American Indian Movement (AIM) during its occupation of the BIA headquarters in 1972. A 1974 study by Women of All Red Nations (WARN), concluded that as many as 42 percent of all American Indian women of childbearing age had, by that point, been sterilized without their consent. A subsequent investigation was conducted by the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO), though it was restricted to only four of the many IHS facilities nationwide and examined only the years 1973 to 1976. The GAO study showed that 3,406 involuntary sterilizations were performed in these four IHS hospitals during this three-year period. Consequently, the IHS was transferred to the Department of Health and Human Services in 1978.

"During this and earlier periods, similar involuntary sterilization programs were being performed on other women of color, among them Chicanas of the Los Angeles area (Acuña 2004). It is estimated that by 1966, one-third of the women of childbearing age on the island of Puerto Rico had been sterilized without their ' ' informed consent. ' ' In addition, MULANEH (Mujeres Lationoamer-icanas de New Haven), a mainland Puerto Rican women's organization, discovered that 44 percent of Puertorriqueñas in New Haven, Connecticut, had been sterilized by 1979. In Hartford, Connecticut, the figure stood at 51 percent. Women in Puerto Rico were also part of experimentation studies of the early birth control pill before it was released on the U.S. mainland."

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 16, 2011, 05:24:17 AM
Quote from: Nph. Twid. on August 15, 2011, 08:25:09 PM
I didn't even fucking know this was a thing.

After WWII no less.

http://news.yahoo.com/eugenics-victim-son-fighting-together-justice-143621970.html

Not surprised. http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/articles/pages/6242/Forced-Sterilization-of-Native-Americans.html

"During the late 1960s and the early 1970s, a policy of involuntary surgical sterilization was imposed upon Native American women in the United States, usually without their knowledge or consent, by the federally funded Indian Health Service (IHS), then run by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). It is alleged that the existence of the sterilization program was discovered by members of the American Indian Movement (AIM) during its occupation of the BIA headquarters in 1972. A 1974 study by Women of All Red Nations (WARN), concluded that as many as 42 percent of all American Indian women of childbearing age had, by that point, been sterilized without their consent. A subsequent investigation was conducted by the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO), though it was restricted to only four of the many IHS facilities nationwide and examined only the years 1973 to 1976. The GAO study showed that 3,406 involuntary sterilizations were performed in these four IHS hospitals during this three-year period. Consequently, the IHS was transferred to the Department of Health and Human Services in 1978.

"During this and earlier periods, similar involuntary sterilization programs were being performed on other women of color, among them Chicanas of the Los Angeles area (Acuña 2004). It is estimated that by 1966, one-third of the women of childbearing age on the island of Puerto Rico had been sterilized without their ' ' informed consent. ' ' In addition, MULANEH (Mujeres Lationoamer-icanas de New Haven), a mainland Puerto Rican women's organization, discovered that 44 percent of Puertorriqueñas in New Haven, Connecticut, had been sterilized by 1979. In Hartford, Connecticut, the figure stood at 51 percent. Women in Puerto Rico were also part of experimentation studies of the early birth control pill before it was released on the U.S. mainland."

YEP. None of this is new to me, but may be new to people who are not part of the native american community.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

It's important to repeat, because I don't suppose these pieces of history will be taught in schools.

Also, wow. I'm seconding Twid's quiet rage.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Cain

Incidentally, you should look at what else was being reportedly done in US prisons and mental institutes in the 50s, 60s and 70s.

I'll give you a clue: it starts with "M", and ends in "K-Ultra".  Consent, let alone informed consent, was never even considered.