News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on June 29, 2011, 03:57:09 PM
urrrgh. I really do like Jack White, but I will definitely NOT be putting any of those up. Using postergasm as a way to advertise for a product defeats the point of hacking your neighborhood to begin with.

I had a similar rage-out moment, but then started laughing at the "Motherfucker" comment. I just though it interesting that Stephen broached the concept to a national audience.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Telarus on June 30, 2011, 04:39:45 AM
urrrgh. I really do like Jack White, but I will definitely NOT be putting any of those up. Using postergasm as a way to advertise for a product defeats the point of hacking your neighborhood to begin with.

I had a similar rage-out moment, but then started laughing at the "Motherfucker" comment. I just though it interesting that Stephen broached the concept to a national audience.

I'm aware of ColbertGASM, but does he actually lurk here or something?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Chairman Risus

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like it, and there is a certain deliciousness in someone who is essentially a major brand going the route of having his fans act as his advertising media, but it definitely doesn't qualify as a "posterGASM" in my opinion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

They work as far as getting people to go "WTF??? Who did that shit?????"  :D

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

trix

I've been trying to pepper my college campus with some PosterGASM, but I am too unclever to invent anything witty or standoutty, so I'd like to, with permission, steal some wit from the masters.

However, when I do the flikr posterGASM link thing, I just get an insane number of images of posters already up in the wild.

So, my 2-part question.

1:  Is everyone okay with me stealing their wit and hanging it randomly all over the University of Wisconsin?  (So far I've just been duct taping the "christopher walken is watching you pee" poster to every stall, even in female restrooms, on campus)

2:  If #1 is okay, where can I find the originals or printable versions of some oddball posterGASM's I can use to make people WTF?

Thanks!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Cramulus

Quote from: trix on September 19, 2011, 04:38:15 PM
1:  Is everyone okay with me stealing their wit and hanging it randomly all over the University of Wisconsin?  (So far I've just been duct taping the "christopher walken is watching you pee" poster to every stall, even in female restrooms, on campus)

we ABSOLUTELY ARE!

we did not make hundreds of posters so that they could sit in a box in my closet and collect dust

No permission necessary, but granted nonetheless.

Quote2:  If #1 is okay, where can I find the originals or printable versions of some oddball posterGASM's I can use to make people WTF?

BEHOLD!

http://cramul.us/tag/postergasm/

trix

Muchos gracias mi amigo!

Volume Dingus is up! (in it's entirety, I have many co-conspirators in my local cabal)

I like the For Rent meme, justifies (at least initially) posting them to the classified boards all over campus.

Working on Volume Aleph next, for the random places.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Who was the originator of "Christopher Walken is Watching You Pee", anyway? I love that one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2011, 09:14:33 PM
Who was the originator of "Christopher Walken is Watching You Pee", anyway? I love that one.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/x-is-watching-you-y

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Risus on September 19, 2011, 09:26:02 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2011, 09:14:33 PM

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/x-is-watching-you-y

Thanks!

I used to have a framed "owls are watching you pee" plaque in my bathroom, but that was because my bathroom was full of owls.

trix

I just realized that I never updated my prior post, in case anyone is interested.

I put up Volume Aleph, Dingus, and Calvinball, all over campus.  By the very next day more then half of the flyers had been taken down =(.  Each day since, I notice even more missing.  The upside is I know people are noticing them, I've heard random conversations about some of them, and I know for sure that every single one was noticed at least by the person(s) taking them down. 

The first ones to come down were, of course, the "Miscarriage is manslaughter" and "Christian Dating" ones, as I put them on the bulletin normally used by the Campus Crusade for Christ, which is the college evangelist nutjob society that are the pushiest and most self-righteous in-your-face group we have.  In fact, we had an event last year with a local senator come to campus, and since one of her things was anti gay marriage, the local LGBT (or is it LBGT?  I dunno, it's the gays) group staged a peaceful protest out front, and tons of other student not even a part of the club joined in to help make the senator feel "welcome".  As I think being against gay marriage is retarded, I too joined in, but the church nutjobs did a thing of their own in support of the senator and had their anti-protest protest stand in front of us being lame.  Anyway I got off topic.

There's still one more volume I haven't done, but since the bulletin boards on campus get cleared at the end of the month, I'm going to wait until the first before I put them up.  Also I'm going to buy a fuckton of googley eyes because those pics I saw are hilarious!

Anyway, thanks for the lulz folks!  Everything I heard from students about your posters was positive!  Except for the Evangelists of course, but insults from them can be taken as a compliment.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Cramulus

:lulz: thanks for the update, trix

do you have any pix of your posters up?

trix

Quote from: Cramulus on September 22, 2011, 04:06:31 PM
:lulz: thanks for the update, trix

do you have any pix of your posters up?

I'm afraid not.  I've been meaning to get myself a camera, or borrow someone's cellphone, but haven't gotten around to it.  Most of my free time is spent mucking about in my microbiology lab teaching myself mycology.

That, and I seem to be the only person left in Wisconsin that still does not want a cellphone.
Zen Without Zen Masters