News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

So, yeah, it's the 21st century.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 15, 2012, 05:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So why, I ask, must one of my guys insist, during a convention, on making racial comments in public?  Or needling our AR/AP lady about her weight? 

The only good news is that he continued after he was asked to stop, so it's clear-cut harrassment.

So long, asshole.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

primates. that's all you really need to say. :horrormirth:

Juana

^^^ That. And primate-hood rests on status. Who is the monkey on top and how can they stay there?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Able Kane

Tell him to keep his racial remarks in private and to rail on only in his head about how horrifyingly fat (a) woman/en may or may not be, like all the rest of us do.

Unless he of course has such a mass volume of dickish thoughts that he needs to let them out lest they saturate his bloodstream and result in a toxic death for him. Maybe he is a shithead-by-prescription.
Eat ye not from the Tree of Irony, lest the Tree of Irony should surely eatst from thou.

================
LVPA DEA FVRIOSVS
++++++++++++++++

The past is dead, the future ain't a fetus yet - let's party!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Able Kane on October 15, 2012, 06:05:23 PM
Tell him to keep his racial remarks in private and to rail on only in his head about how horrifyingly fat (a) woman/en may or may not be, like all the rest of us do.

Unless he of course has such a mass volume of dickish thoughts that he needs to let them out lest they saturate his bloodstream and result in a toxic death for him. Maybe he is a shithead-by-prescription.

I think I'll just tell him "you're fired", and call it a day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Able Kane

That'd be bestest, I'd say. Of course, he'd soon become someone else's problem (hopefully his own).
Eat ye not from the Tree of Irony, lest the Tree of Irony should surely eatst from thou.

================
LVPA DEA FVRIOSVS
++++++++++++++++

The past is dead, the future ain't a fetus yet - let's party!

Mangrove

Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 06:06:17 PM

Tell him that he's fired...unless he takes part in some sort of race awareness program. Possible outcomes:

a) He'll tell you to fuck yourself and quit. Problem solved, no more racist asshole co-worker.
b) He'll take you up on your offer. He finds a program, embarrasses himself wholesale and you fire him. Buh bye!
c) He takes you up on the offer, actually learns something and is somewhat more palatable to work with. He stays, you don't need to find a replacement.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Mangrove on October 16, 2012, 03:14:20 PM
Quote from: Man Yellow on October 15, 2012, 06:06:17 PM

Tell him that he's fired...unless he takes part in some sort of race awareness program. Possible outcomes:

a) He'll tell you to fuck yourself and quit. Problem solved, no more racist asshole co-worker.
b) He'll take you up on your offer. He finds a program, embarrasses himself wholesale and you fire him. Buh bye!
c) He takes you up on the offer, actually learns something and is somewhat more palatable to work with. He stays, you don't need to find a replacement.

Yeah...nah....fuck him.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division