News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

HAHAHAHA *snort*

Started by Doktor Howl, June 26, 2015, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

That is genius!
Quote"No one could deny that there is open warfare on men all throughout western society. Whether or not it is deserved is somewhat irrelevant (you'll see why in a second). There's a minority of men who are alarmed but the vast majority just doesn't have this on their radar...yet. This is mostly because it doesn't affect them directly."

How can there be "open warfare" on men if most men haven't even noticed it? Has there ever been a war in which the majority of those ostensibly affected by it don't even know that it exists?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

It's interesting how if you replace "man" with "the white race" almost all Red Pill literature reads like white supremacist screeds.

Junkenstein

Depressingly, I'd bet an alarming number would share both beliefs.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Pretty much.

Red Pill philosophy is essentially an attempt to recruit people into Neoreactionary politics, and the overlap is pretty obvious.

There's a tool you can use on Reddit to correlate users of one particular subreddit with another.  Red Pill correlates very strongly with relationship subreddits (obviously), but also fat-hate subreddits, Bitcoin, libertarian, gaming (League of Legends/DotA2), bodybuilding/MMA and male fashion subs, anarcho-capitalism, white rights, conservative and similar subs.

Junkenstein

How accurate is that tool?

I suspect there is great trolling potential with it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Pretty accurate.  It uses reddit mod tools to correlate membership across subreddits on a monthly basis.  Of course, there is also an overlap between websites like, for example, TheRedPill and SubredditDrama because the latter makes fun of the former, so you can't divine motivations behind shared membership, only that they exist.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 26, 2015, 11:40:43 AM
Pretty much.

Red Pill philosophy is essentially an attempt to recruit people into Neoreactionary politics, and the overlap is pretty obvious.

There's a tool you can use on Reddit to correlate users of one particular subreddit with another.  Red Pill correlates very strongly with relationship subreddits (obviously), but also fat-hate subreddits, Bitcoin, libertarian, gaming (League of Legends/DotA2), bodybuilding/MMA and male fashion subs, anarcho-capitalism, white rights, conservative and similar subs.

Whoever wrote that seems to have a misunderstanding of the definition of "native population".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Roosh V has pushed new frontiers in how to be wrong.  His main "thesis" if you will is that feminism has caused adrogynised men (?) who women wont sleep with (?).   I mean the whole PUA/red pill philosophy is "women are icky and evil/a man's worth is measured by how many women he sleeps with" so we're not exactly talking a coherent worldview in the first place.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 27, 2015, 06:50:08 AM
Roosh V has pushed new frontiers in how to be wrong.  His main "thesis" if you will is that feminism has caused adrogynised men (?) who women wont sleep with (?).   I mean the whole PUA/red pill philosophy is "women are icky and evil/a man's worth is measured by how many women he sleeps with" so we're not exactly talking a coherent worldview in the first place.

That's hilarious, because I'm as feminist as I know how to be, and if I was some fucking MRA, Jenn would throw me out on my ass.
Molon Lube

Cain

The other major pillar of RedPill philosophy is that women are "emotionally teenagers" and "gold-diggers" and so on.  If she is with a "beta male", it's for the financial stability, and she is cheating on him.

You really have to read their subreddit though, to see the full terribleness of it in action.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 27, 2015, 07:39:23 AM
The other major pillar of RedPill philosophy is that women are "emotionally teenagers" and "gold-diggers" and so on.  If she is with a "beta male", it's for the financial stability, and she is cheating on him.

You really have to read their subreddit though, to see the full terribleness of it in action.

I'll do that tomorrow night.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's fascinating that while society marches onward in the general direction of things getting better for everyone, there are always a few miserable souls absolutely dedicated to making things worse.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

It's really sad in a way too, because I could really see a valid space for an actual men's "rights" movement (I'd prefer to use the word "issues" than rights).  Things like challenging conceptions of masculinity and male gender roles, as well as policy issues like homelessness, mental illness, male rape, prison violence and parental issues could all be covered in a mature and sensible way...

But it's much easier to jerk off about the evil feminists and SJWs and bitches who wont fuck me even though I'm totally an alpha male, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 30, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
It's really sad in a way too, because I could really see a valid space for an actual men's "rights" movement (I'd prefer to use the word "issues" than rights).  Things like challenging conceptions of masculinity and male gender roles, as well as policy issues like homelessness, mental illness, male rape, prison violence and parental issues could all be covered in a mature and sensible way...

But it's much easier to jerk off about the evil feminists and SJWs and bitches who wont fuck me even though I'm totally an alpha male, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

I agree, those are all very real and serious issues. The funny thing is that currently, most of the people I am aware of who address those social problems (like the staff at Outside In, Central City Concern, and similar agencies) identify as feminists, and that rolls into the dialogue about how the patriarchy oppresses men as well... a part of the conversation that often goes missing in the "MRA vs. Feminists" cage match.