News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Lillie just gave me my midterm review.

Or let's just say she attempted to give it to me.  I objected to everything - good and bad - as being procedurally incorrect, not within the grading period, etc.  A solid hour with nothing accomplished (with the exception of making sure her blood pressure is high enough).

She has also told me that I am responsible for the jet mill issue.  I refused, stating that I was not being allowed to troubleshoot properly, as unqualified people ("ie, you") have been interfering with the work.

So my review is unsigned.  The drop-dead date for the review is Monday morning at 12:01 AM, after which HR starts asking hard questions.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 13, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

Or let's just say she attempted to give it to me.  I objected to everything - good and bad - as being procedurally incorrect, not within the grading period, etc.  A solid hour with nothing accomplished (with the exception of making sure her blood pressure is high enough).

She has also told me that I am responsible for the jet mill issue.  I refused, stating that I was not being allowed to troubleshoot properly, as unqualified people ("ie, you") have been interfering with the work.

So my review is unsigned.  The drop-dead date for the review is Monday morning at 12:01 AM, after which HR starts asking hard questions.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 13, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 13, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

UPDATE:  I am now being given control over the troubleshooting.

But now I don't like her face.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 07:54:13 PM
:lulz: Masterful.

Not giving a fuck about my job has given me a degree of lattiude that I did not previously enjoy.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Pæs

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 01:32:45 PM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 05:20:10 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 04:45:36 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 04:13:50 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 03:25:34 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 03:00:48 AM
Heh. Either someone reported me on Facebook or Facebook is cracking down on weird names.

I'm guessing someone reported you, because what's a weird name? Really?

Well, Bearman had to switch today, and someone else mentioned that their neighbor switched today as well. I dunno, does Caoimhin sound like a real name to you?

Depends on whether Facebook is screening real names for "American-ness".

And that's why I figured either/or. I'm annoyed either way. I've used my Irish language name for so long that it's legitimately become a part of my sense of self. And not even out of a sense of "this is Irish me" but that's what I've gone by. Seeing my name in English feels weird in that context.

I'm going to go with no, Facebook is not screening names for "American-ness" because that would get them in a raft of trouble for blatant bigotry. Someone reported you.

I mean, they do a fair bit of screening for acceptably 'real' names: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/19/native-american-activist-facebook-lawsuit-real-name

Junkenstein

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on March 13, 2015, 02:45:03 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 13, 2015, 02:25:51 PM
I posted this last night but I don't think anyone noticed it. My school is running a "FEARLESS" ad campaign and they are soliciting selfies from students. Anonymously. Needless to say, this has opened the door for a barrel of lulz. http://fearlesspsu.com/gallery?sort=recent&i=773

Some of those are priceless. I think the taxidermied bat is my favorite.

ahem:

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

SOOOOO...I have been running tests on the mill, changing one set of conditions each time, looking for which condition will change the mill's behavior.  I stated that this will take a couple of days, and that right now, we're trying to locate the problem, not make futile efforts to run product.

I am on test 3 - 3 out of 20 conditions - and Lillie is saying "Your way isn't working". 

:lulz:

I know that.  I AM NOT TRYING TO RUN PRODUCT YET. 

I assume that what she wants is for me to shake a chicken's foot, throw some sand, and magically fix the problem.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 13, 2015, 09:48:00 PM
SOOOOO...I have been running tests on the mill, changing one set of conditions each time, looking for which condition will change the mill's behavior.  I stated that this will take a couple of days, and that right now, we're trying to locate the problem, not make futile efforts to run product.

I am on test 3 - 3 out of 20 conditions - and Lillie is saying "Your way isn't working". 

I know that.  I AM NOT TRYING TO RUN PRODUCT YET. 

I assume that what she wants is for me to shake a chicken's foot, throw some sand, and magically fix the problem.

:lulz: But... Science DEMANDS sacrifice!

For real though, this person sounds ridiculous. She beds her boss and gets promoted TO HIS POSITION and now assumes her mastery of the universe is total, physics and best practices be damned.

There really needs to be a 'keep it in your pants rule' for workplaces... oh wait.
Maybe some sort of scientific safety methods guidelines... derp.

Oh I know perhaps some third party in the company to mediate... ah whatever.

Never heard of a 'put cats back in bags' department, but The Future will have many wonders!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sung Low

After a whisky relate incient my keyboar no longer recognises the letter d.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Sung Low

I i post an ok cupi reply with this keyboar eficit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sung Low

That i shoul rea did. I've now got to copy an past that bastar .

Sung Low

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Sung Low on March 13, 2015, 11:45:34 PM
After a whisky relate incient my keyboar no longer recognises the letter d.
Quote from: Sung Low on March 14, 2015, 12:06:26 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 14, 2015, 12:09:19 AM
Quote from: Sung Low on March 14, 2015, 12:06:26 AM

Oh but you should.  :lulz:
Quote from: Sung Low on March 14, 2015, 12:20:52 AM
That i shoul rea did. I've now got to copy an past that bastar .
Quote from: Sung Low on March 14, 2015, 12:30:42 AM
I'm pisse
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.