News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

How to elevator pitch discordianism?

Started by Meunster, March 02, 2015, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

My adhd ridden friends won't sit still for more than 30 seconds to understand anything besides QWER and league tier lists.

What's a good quick pitch of it.
I've tried before but they keep saying that it's "le so randum" and only liked by scene girls or 2deep4you type people.

Like how do I make a reasonable pitch, especially with how it is now a relatively unheard of thing.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Discordia is to Religion as Dada is to Art.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on March 02, 2015, 11:24:10 PM
My adhd ridden friends won't sit still for more than 30 seconds to understand anything besides QWER and league tier lists.

I've tried before but they keep saying that it's "le so randum" and only liked by scene girls or 2deep4you type people.

Like how do I make a reasonable pitch, especially with how it is now a relatively unheard of thing.

*shrug*  Ask a Mormon.
Molon Lube

Pæs

If you ever have to pitch Discordianism in an elevator, push all the buttons and exclaim loudly "DISCORDIANS ARE KIND OF DICKS" then remain silent until you reach your floor.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pæs on March 03, 2015, 12:59:26 AM
If you ever have to pitch Discordianism in an elevator, push all the buttons and exclaim loudly "DISCORDIANS ARE KIND OF DICKS" then remain silent until you reach your floor.

...While glaring at the person like THEY did something wrong.
Molon Lube

Meunster

Quote from: Pæs on March 03, 2015, 12:59:26 AM

Next time I'm in an elevator I'll do that. Actually, I'm heading to the local hotel now.
Poe's law ;)

Eater of Clowns

Discordianism is a lot like this elevator. It opens up to a variety of places but you probably don't go there because you get off on the same floor every day. And like the elevator it's filled with assholes.

Then you press every button.

Every ding is enlightenment. They still won't get off on a different floor.

You really should be taking the stairs anyway.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

rong

it is simultaneously a joke disguised as a religion and a religion disguised as a joke
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

LMNO

I've always been fond of ECH's line.

"Militant Agnosticism."

The Wizard Joseph

Hold up a gold painted pinapple grenade as soon as the doors close and you're moving. "You got 5 seconds to make peace with the cosmos pal."

Pull pin and drop. Grin like a ninny at the elevator ceiling and put your hands out like you're receiving the Spirit of God. Let them panic until the door opens. Pick up grenade and casually walk out like nothing happened.
Argue religious rights to the court during the inevitable hearing.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I wouldn't fuck my friends with your dick, so why do you want to fuck yours with mine?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Meunster

Quote from: N E T on March 03, 2015, 06:36:55 PM

I wouldn't fuck my friends with your dick, so why do you want to fuck yours with mine?

Cause everyone should try it and not just dismiss it as needlessly random so not worth the time. 

Poe's law ;)

Pæs

Use clickbait headlines. Everyone loves clickbait headlines.

Pagans hate him! Learn this one weird trick to SCREAMING HYSTERICAL NOTHINGNESS.

Seven PM responses to read before you die. Number five will shock you!