News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on March 31, 2015, 05:24:46 PM
My father passed away on the 22nd. It doesn't feel real and is all too real at varying intervals. After over 2 months in the hospital & rehabs, he was at least able to come back home for a month, but the chemo treatments really took a toll on him, particularly the sores in his mouth that made it difficult and painful, and sometimes impossible to eat or drink. The second round wasn't as bad and he was getting to the point of being able to eat fairly normally and had his appetite back. But a week after the third, the sores came back and it got to the point that my mom was bringing him to the hospital for saline and caloric infusions since he couldn't eat or drink. On Friday they admitted him for low blood count, by Sunday he was essentially unconscious for all/most of the day, and that evening he passed. Even that happened so quickly - when he was first in, he was essentially fine except for his mouth, and at least was able to communicate with us and talk to my sister away at grad school on the phone a bit on Saturday. He fought hard, but it was just too much. He was surrounded by friends and family who loved him and even had some of the nurses that had cared for him for so many weeks on one of the main floors come to visit him while he was in ICU. It is a relief to know he is not suffering anymore, because that was painful to watch without being able to help, but it still hurts a lot and I know it will for a long time to come.

:sad:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cain

PD.com: we don't always agree on much, but we agree FUCK CANCER.

I'm sorry for your loss, trippin

The Wizard Joseph

I wasn't going to post anything, but I'm also sorry to hear of the loss.

And yeah.. FUCK CANCER
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on March 31, 2015, 04:04:01 PM
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said:"Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled li-ITS ALL FAKE, ITS ALL FAKE, NONE OF IT IS REAL, CHEMTRAILS DID 1776, THE PARTHENON WAS A FALSE FLAG OPERATION"

:lulz: Perfect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2015, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 31, 2015, 03:36:26 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2015, 03:30:15 PM
I could make an argument for that...however, the argument is somewhat underminned by the fact that antiquity does, in fact, exist.

Says you, time-shill.

That's what ur mom said in antiquity.

By which I mean last night.

:lulz: These lulz have legs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My father passed away on the 22nd. It doesn't feel real and is all too real at varying intervals. After over 2 months in the hospital & rehabs, he was at least able to come back home for a month, but the chemo treatments really took a toll on him, particularly the sores in his mouth that made it difficult and painful, and sometimes impossible to eat or drink. The second round wasn't as bad and he was getting to the point of being able to eat fairly normally and had his appetite back. But a week after the third, the sores came back and it got to the point that my mom was bringing him to the hospital for saline and caloric infusions since he couldn't eat or drink. On Friday they admitted him for low blood count, by Sunday he was essentially unconscious for all/most of the day, and that evening he passed. Even that happened so quickly - when he was first in, he was essentially fine except for his mouth, and at least was able to communicate with us and talk to my sister away at grad school on the phone a bit on Saturday. He fought hard, but it was just too much. He was surrounded by friends and family who loved him and even had some of the nurses that had cared for him for so many weeks on one of the main floors come to visit him while he was in ICU. It is a relief to know he is not suffering anymore, because that was painful to watch without being able to help, but it still hurts a lot and I know it will for a long time to come.

Oh, no, I'm so sorry Trippin'. That's sad news.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Waffling on March 31, 2015, 05:36:52 PM
Sometimes I find myself missing the time when conspiracy theorists were adorably batshit. Then I find this and my heart rejoices.

http://in5d.com/how-disabling-the-moon-will-dissolve-the-matrix/

Wow.  :lol:

Cain

What sort of a person walks into a college accomodation at 3:20 in the morning, wanting to ask about course details?

This isn't a rhetorical question, btw.  It's genuine.  Because the only explanations I can come up with for that, and the surrounding sequence of events, is a deeply unpleasant one.

Two men.  Locals, by the accent.  Driving a very nice car, without the diction or age to suggest they acquired it legitimately.  Stayed outside in the car for a good 15 minutes, did a sweep of the street before entering.  We don't realise they're not our students, let them in.  They start asking questions: is this a college, what courses do you provide?  When we explain it's not, just the accomodation, they start asking about the ages.  They then bugger off.  Sit in the car another 10 minutes, finally leave.

Had a friend outside, too.  Spoke to him as they walked down the street.  Friend didn't arrive in the car with them though, or leave.

IMO, they were clearly casing the joint.  Check for activity on street, CCTV.  Same for the outside, and reception, of this building.  Go inside to see what kind of personnel and security are present.  Notably they did not enter the University College London accomodation, just two buildings down from here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2015, 03:31:37 AM
What sort of a person walks into a college accomodation at 3:20 in the morning, wanting to ask about course details?

This isn't a rhetorical question, btw.  It's genuine.  Because the only explanations I can come up with for that, and the surrounding sequence of events, is a deeply unpleasant one.

Two men.  Locals, by the accent.  Driving a very nice car, without the diction or age to suggest they acquired it legitimately.  Stayed outside in the car for a good 15 minutes, did a sweep of the street before entering.  We don't realise they're not our students, let them in.  They start asking questions: is this a college, what courses do you provide?  When we explain it's not, just the accomodation, they start asking about the ages.  They then bugger off.  Sit in the car another 10 minutes, finally leave.

Had a friend outside, too.  Spoke to him as they walked down the street.  Friend didn't arrive in the car with them though, or leave.

IMO, they were clearly casing the joint.  Check for activity on street, CCTV.  Same for the outside, and reception, of this building.  Go inside to see what kind of personnel and security are present.  Notably they did not enter the University College London accomodation, just two buildings down from here.

Oh great. The part where they were asking about ages isn't creepy as fuck at ALL.  :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FFS, this asshole on my FB Wall. Seriously, she constantly responds to shit I say, but she's just some random beadmaker who thinks we're friends.

I am not even going to look at whatever it is she's spouting about now, because I'm pretty sure it'll piss me off.

Reginald Ret

Condolences.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 01, 2015, 05:11:30 AM
FFS, this asshole on my FB Wall. Seriously, she constantly responds to shit I say, but she's just some random beadmaker who thinks we're friends.

I am not even going to look at whatever it is she's spouting about now, because I'm pretty sure it'll piss me off.

Oh good I was just wondering if I should engage in mockery.  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

trippinprincezz13

Thank you everyone. It came out of nowhere and swept through so fast. Seriously, fuck cancer right in the eye.

I'm just glad he was able to be home for a while at the end and that he had so many good people coming to see him.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.