News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Internet-enabled ouija board channels magic from facebook

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, October 31, 2011, 10:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

On October 31st 2011 at 10pm (ET) We're attempting a world first...using the power of the internet to contact the dead. We need 100,000 people to join us on Facebook in a live Ouija experiment, where we'll attempt to initiate conversation with the other side.

For The World's largest Ouija Experiment we want to connect people together via Facebook to focus their collective energy in opening a channel to any entity that might be listening. Is it possible? We aim to prove definitively, yes, live, in front of 100,000 people or more.
Source
I suspect that this is a scam to get people's facebook info. Anyhow, by the time most of you read this, it'll be done and we'll know what was supposed to happen.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz: That's pretty funny. Love the diagram on the site, looks well thought out.  :lol: 

Imagine the legal ramifications of establishing that dead persons exist conclusively and the establishment of reliable communication.  It would be a bomb.  Do the dead get legal status?  Could they file suit if their will was unsatisfactorily executed?  Aunt Millie is VERY upset about who REALLY got the silverware.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

BadBeast

A couple of years ago, Yahoo answers accidentally reactivated all the suspended accounts that they'd taken from people. It lasted about 10 hours I think, so everyone's lost accounts were reanimatrixed, Zombied up, and able to march roughshod through the morass of community guidelines, terms of service, etc. Like on Shawn of the Dead. Ish.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 01, 2011, 04:41:11 AM
:lulz: That's pretty funny. Love the diagram on the site, looks well thought out.  :lol: 

Imagine the legal ramifications of establishing that dead persons exist conclusively and the establishment of reliable communication.  It would be a bomb.  Do the dead get legal status?  Could they file suit if their will was unsatisfactorily executed?  Aunt Millie is VERY upset about who REALLY got the silverware.

No. They're too black. Unless they've gone skeletal. And no one like anorexics.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

The Church of Scientology does post mortem Baptisms. Then they are counted among the numbers of their ranks. Legally exempting their Estates from Tax.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Nph. Twid. on November 01, 2011, 06:25:21 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 01, 2011, 04:41:11 AM

No. They're too black. Unless they've gone skeletal. And no one like anorexics.

:lol:  Yeah, who says prejudice is always bad.  We gotta make sure that when we put the dead down they stay down!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Turned out it was indeed some viral marketing thing. It was fairly clever, though. Composited your facebook profile picture onto the 'live' video, etc.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.