News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

The chimes, the howls, the drums. I hear them.

Started by Sister Fracture, June 11, 2011, 06:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister Fracture

I hear them, and I sense what it is.  It's the call of Tucson, the sirens of the desert, they are calling to me.  For the moment, I'm safe.  But I know what they want, and I can't go through with it. 

To explain to the best of my abilities to non-Tucsonites, the call stirs a particular feeling or urge in the prey's mind or heart.  The "Siren's Harmony," it's called.  It aids the song of Tucson in luring its children out into the wastes, to consume them, body (if they're lucky) and soul. 

Every time a Harmony begins, it is a soft refrain.  The target hears the beginnings of discontent.  The music swells slightly, and the damned hear the gist of their "quest."  The song eventually builds to a cacophony of jangling, tumultuous nerves and instincts screaming to follow the call, whatever it may be, wherever it may lead, and damned be to anyone standing in the way.  Denying the call for too long ends in madness or a kind of death in one's head.

Tucson the God-City, as has been intimated before, wants only to bring harm and hell to everyone it touches, even briefly.  Pleasure soiled, love tainted, hearts, lives, souls all lying broken in the street; these are what Tucson wants, and Tucson will have them.  And the more you kick and scream, the harder the end will be for you.

So yes, I hear a gentle swell in the music, ever present to The Fearful, and I hear what my god wants.

My god wants to see me run.

He wants to play a game.

Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens:

If I might ask, at some point might all the Tucson mythology be collected into a single repository? It's developing into something mighty big. And scary.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Sister Fracture

Quote from: Your Mom on June 11, 2011, 06:49:57 AM

If I might ask, at some point might all the Tucson mythology be collected into a single repository? It's developing into something mighty big. And scary.

Will definitely try. 
Roaring Berserkery Bunny of the North End™

A Tucsonite is like a Christian in several important ways.  For one thing, they believe what they say about their god in the most literal, straightfaced way possible.  For another, they both know their god can hear them.  The difference between the two, however, is quite vast in terms of their relationship with their god; Christians believe in His benevolence, but Tucsonites KNOW of The City's spite and hate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sister Fracture on June 11, 2011, 07:03:17 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 11, 2011, 06:49:57 AM

Will definitely try. 

Maybe we can see if we can get TGRR to help us locate and move it all... might be hard to keep it organized, but what if there was a subforum for it? I mean, all things considered, quite a few people have written about it and it's gotten fucking HUGE since he first moved there, and that was what? Three years ago? It really is a fully developed mythology, at this point. It might need to be a book.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck, I think he started writing about it before he moved back...

Richter

Every so often everyone just hits the street for no reason.  One person starts, and the damn breaks.  A meme in it's most simple, crowd based form.  Happens a lot, it jsut doesn't get talked about much.  ("Everyone on Broad st. and 5th hd one HELL of a time today, jsut thrashing around", not much of a headline.)

No reason it it, just NOW.

OK, that's a lie, here's a reason, but it's a not a reason the police, social workers, or medics will be ble to accept and write.  You'll tell some, and those who don't have their glands cordoned off behind their belief in bureucracy(fucking lawful thinkers) will know.  They'll still need to type it up different.  The ones who don't know how to let the hair down, they'll jsut scowl and recomend drugs, jail or confinment to a mental ward.  They're jsut afraid someone ele might be having more fun.   

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat