News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on November 10, 2014, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: EL MAESTRO! on November 10, 2014, 03:49:11 AM
Currently all inside my head about various shitty thoughts that keep swirling around in my head. Almost posted them here, but they seemed too depressing. :(
hug

QuoteAw. :(
Thanks you guys. :)

as For Roger, it sounds like what my dad and I went through. While he didn't kick me out, there was a pretty turbulent period where I learned to see my dad as a person and not as a giant fiery asshole who pays for things out of obligation. If it helps, try to remember that your daughter is still developing the parts of her brain that process things like long term consequences, empathy and generally not being douchey. Observe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 03:57:52 PM
The day I paid off my credit card debt was liberating.

The day I realized I simply wasn't worried about if my bills could get paid, blew my mind.

This feels like the start of a thread. Can I interest you in it?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 10, 2014, 03:36:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 10, 2014, 02:19:56 PM
Sucks to hear about yer daughter.  Reminds me of me, in a way.  I thought I knew what I was doing, ignoring advice, until Real Life happened.  Like a curbstomp.

There's a growing school of thought that claims you're not really an adult until you've successfully dealt with 6 months worth of bills with no fuckups.

It's amazing how many people I know 30/40/50+ that can't achieve this.

Being poor kind of throws a wrench in things, FYI.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I think I've managed to figure out how to have an ENB preset running while still retaining ENBoost for my other game profiles.

I realise that sounds like gibberish to almost everyone, but believe me, that's pretty amazing for me.  ENBoost = makes Skyrim more stable, add more mods, get better performance.  ENB = makes Skyrim pretty, manage memory better to make Skyrim pretty but run at more than 10 FPS.

Thing is, ENBoost and ENB use the same base file (the d3d9.dll) to manage the system better.  Meaning, you can't have both, you either have to have an ENB of some sort or another, or you have to have ENBoost and forgo prettiness.

Until now, anyway.  I've figured out how to use an ENB manager program to also manage ENBoost. 

Next step: optimising textures.  Once I've done that, I should be able to run a decent ENB, a load of mods and still have a very stable game.  Which means recording can start.

LMNO

I wish I knew what all that was, so I could say something witty and insighful.  Instead, I'll be a nag and ask if this means I'll get to watch more Dishonored soon.   :lol:

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 05:54:52 PM
Sucks to hear about yer daughter.  Reminds me of me, in a way.  I thought I knew what I was doing, ignoring advice, until Real Life happened.  Like a curbstomp.

There's a growing school of thought that claims you're not really an adult until you've successfully dealt with 6 months worth of bills with no fuckups.

You have a point.

Cain

It will.

The sooner I finish this and get a stable setup, the sooner I can look into recording options which don't involve FRAPs (which is terrible).  I've been experimenting with Shadowplay, with some success, but there are still a few things about it I need to tweak before recording.

Also, I'm waiting to hear back on this job offer, since pretty much all my plans, other than for my degree, go out the window if I get that (and they've kept me waiting since Friday for a response).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Missed my bus so I stayed home from class today (afternoon class was canceled and the morning class is only an hour long anyway) so I'm watching my professor's lectures on Youtube.

It's just as well, because I fucked up my hand on Saturday by getting my pinkie stuck in a door handle while I was walking and almost dislocating it. I'm a goddamn genius. Fear me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 06:20:23 PM
Missed my bus so I stayed home from class today (afternoon class was canceled and the morning class is only an hour long anyway) so I'm watching my professor's lectures on Youtube.

It's just as well, because I fucked up my hand on Saturday by getting my pinkie stuck in a door handle while I was walking and almost dislocating it. I'm a goddamn genius. Fear me.

Those fucking door handles.  :argh!:

Almost as annoying as that cunt, gravity.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Junkenstein

I think we're talking about very different situations. I'm talking about people who JUST NEED that new car. How to afford it? Well, welcome to the wonderful world of fucking off various credit cards and borrowing on various others to pay others off. For totally idiotic purchases. I'm talking about idiots, not those in shitty situations who can't still can't pay ALL the bills anyway with 3 full time jobs.

The UK has a disturbingly high number of people who consider themselves affluent because they've found some kind of balance in perpetual debt. Until their shit starts getting repossessed, anyway.

What I'm saying really is that there's a difference between the causes of debt. Many are genuine, truly hearbreaking and unavoidable. There's some debt which is really just bloody idiocy and asking to be taught a sharp lesson from the repo depot. The galling thing is the tendancy to go after the former as the latter are often able to make a minimum payment from somewhere to stave off the wolves. As a result, guess which group gets more attention and looses out more to the system?

There's also the "Debt spawning debt" issue which is totally different depending on what you base income level is to begin with.

Please note, I'm Scottish and as such despise owing anyone, anything, pretty much at all times and will do everything practically possible to avoid it, so there's no small bit of bias in all this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on November 10, 2014, 06:21:33 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 10, 2014, 06:20:23 PM

Those fucking door handles.  :argh!:

Almost as annoying as that cunt, gravity.

Gravity is an asshole.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 10, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

I think we're talking about very different situations. I'm talking about people who JUST NEED that new car. How to afford it? Well, welcome to the wonderful world of fucking off various credit cards and borrowing on various others to pay others off. For totally idiotic purchases. I'm talking about idiots, not those in shitty situations who can't still can't pay ALL the bills anyway with 3 full time jobs.

The UK has a disturbingly high number of people who consider themselves affluent because they've found some kind of balance in perpetual debt. Until their shit starts getting repossessed, anyway.

What I'm saying really is that there's a difference between the causes of debt. Many are genuine, truly hearbreaking and unavoidable. There's some debt which is really just bloody idiocy and asking to be taught a sharp lesson from the repo depot. The galling thing is the tendancy to go after the former as the latter are often able to make a minimum payment from somewhere to stave off the wolves. As a result, guess which group gets more attention and looses out more to the system?

There's also the "Debt spawning debt" issue which is totally different depending on what you base income level is to begin with.

Please note, I'm Scottish and as such despise owing anyone, anything, pretty much at all times and will do everything practically possible to avoid it, so there's no small bit of bias in all this.

Right, you're talking about people who have plenty of income.

I'm just saying that this:

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 10, 2014, 06:34:19 PM

can really only be applied to the middle-class and above demographic.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's probably also relevant to say that I don't know about Scotland, but in the US about 71% of the population lives in households that earn under $50k a year, and 35% in households that earn under $25k a year, so over here we're increasingly looking at "not worrying about whether bills will get paid" as a luxury for the affluent.

Faust

Customer demo tomorrow morning (after being flown back to Ireland) and visual studio decides to go tits up on me.

I am banging my head off the desk here.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on November 10, 2014, 06:50:21 PM
Customer demo tomorrow morning (after being flown back to Ireland) and visual studio decides to go tits up on me.

I am banging my head off the desk here.

:argh!: